Guest BKKvisitor

500,000 Free Air Asia Tickets

Guest MonkeySee

I was lucky enough to book two seperate flights. I had to put in several different dates to find the free seats. You have to pay the fuel surcharge and taxes and so the seats are not really free, but really a good deal.

Guest GaySacGuy

I guess I was lucky too, as I was able to book four different flight legs, and had to pay 399 baht for one and the rest were "Free". A ticket from Bangkok to Chiang Mai was 642 baht...all taxes and fuel price charges. For about $125 US, I was able to get tickets for two from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and return, and Bangkok to Ubon Ratchathani with return to Bangkok for one. Pretty good value! Of course, I have to hope the airline is still around by then!!!!

Guest fountainhall

As discussed on this board before, two things to remember about Air Asia's giveaway sales. Yes, it's great to get virtually free trips, but don't bank on the planes leaving at the departure times printed on your tickets.

First, the winter schedules have not yet been published and there is usually some difference in times between summer and winter. Secondly, as I discovered to my cost when I thought I was lucky in getting 8 'free' tickets in the big sale 16 months ago, Air Asia routinely merges flights when load factors are not great - especially in the middle of the day. So of my 3 Chiang Mai return tickets, not one flight left at the scheduled time and several were moved forwards or back by up as much as 3 hours. To cap it all, as I was checking in for the return sector of a 'free' ticket from Bangkok/KL/Bangkok, a delay of more than 4 hours was suddenly announced. I then had to spend more than US$400 on a full fare economy ticket on TG to get back in time for a connecting international flight in Bangkok!

So enjoy the trips, but allow plenty of time either side of the departure times for inevitable changes.