TownsendPLocke

HOUSE

• Members

Since OZ took a moment to share about his favorite TV show I thought I would also.House.

I love this show.The acting is great(I never imagined Hugh Laurie as a serious actor-and you can not detect a trace of his english accent)as is the writing.

I was talking to a couple the other night,one is a MD and the other is a pharmacist-they told me that the technical stuff is pretty spot on and they enjoy trying to second guess the writers and guess the final diagnosis.

There is even some eye candy(the young blond intern and House's best firend are pretty cute)and I know the straight boys think the girls are sexy-one even has a blog about them.

It is on almost every night now that it has been syndicated-if you have not watched it take a look.

Guest Barr1965

House. I love this show.The acting is great(I never imagined Hugh Laurie as a serious actor-and you can not detect a trace of his english accent)as is the writing.

I was talking to a couple the other night,one is a MD and the other is a pharmacist-they told me that the technical stuff is pretty spot on and they enjoy trying to second guess the writers and guess the final diagnosis.

There is even some eye candy(the young blond intern and House's best firend are pretty cute)and I know the straight boys think the girls are sexy-one even has a blog about them.

It is on almost every night now that it has been syndicated-if you have not watched it take a look.

It is a pretty good show. The young blond intern used to be a male model and his name is Jesse Spencer and House's best friend is Robert Sean Leonard and he does live theaters, too.

• Members

I love it too. If you were not familiar with Hugh Laurie before, then watch the English produced series of Jeeves & Wooster stories. Laurie and Stephen Fry are brilliant in the title roles.

I'm also in lust with the blond actor. He's been getting less screen time lately. Hope that changes.

• Members

The formula gets on my nerves sometimes. The way they definitively tell someone what's wrong with them--when we all know this time (and the next 3 tries) will be wrong...

But the shows when they break that formula, like where they tell you what happened to his leg, or the one I saw tonight (syndicated) where they figure it out pretty quick but the guy's heart is shot so then they have to cure a dead woman (not of the death) so her heart can be transplanted are bloody brilliant.

I don't watch it religiously but I've encouraged my Tivo to pick it up. Don't really see them in order but I've seen enough I know the general arc.

As for my favorite show... I don't really have one at the moment, now that Boston Legal and The Wire are both done--at least on American TV. Several shows I watch and enjoy though, like BSG, Burn Notice, couple others.

Downloading BBC stuff is another matter--love Top Gear and Torchwood.

I don't know why, but I have never liked that show and it is all because of the lead actor. I think if I ran into someone like that in a hospital I would leave and never come back. I love dramas, but for some reason that show never clicked with me. My favorite dramas now are:

Dexter

The Closer

Law & Order: SVU

Heroes

Lost

Damages (although last season was better)

Guest mineallmine

I will say that House is pretty damn good. I just dont think I would ever watch it religously! I much perfer the CSI's with CSI Las Vegas being my favorite. I also really like the Closer and have started getting into LAw & Order some. I dont really get a chance to watch much TV so I am not always current.

I don't know why, but I have never liked that show and it is all because of the lead actor. I think if I ran into someone like that in a hospital I would leave and never come back. I love dramas, but for some reason that show never clicked with me. My favorite dramas now are:

Dexter

The Closer

Law & Order: SVU

Heroes

Lost

Damages (although last season was better)

Expat, my list would go along with yours.

Heroes

Damages

Law and Order

Dexter

The Closer

I have never gotten into Lost but I have it on DVD for when that long week comes when I have time to catch up on it. ;)