Guest sydneyboy

Precision Reservations

Guest sydneyboy

Has anyone had experience in booking hotels in for any part of the world with Precision Reservations? I have compared their prices with other wholesalers and have noticed that they are frequently markedly cheaper. Your experiences good, bad or indifferent would be appreciated.

Guest wowpow

I have used them a few times for rooms in Singapore and London. I got rooms at Marriots and Hiltons at great prices. The addition of the fee towards the end of the booking/bidding process annoys but they are still good value if you are in the 4* hotel market.

I did read that if you bid Bangkok 5* in the Sathorn area you get The Shangri-La or Banyan Tree. That was some time ago so I'm not sure if it still applies.

If rather than bidding you use their hotel booking service at a fixed fee thern I think the prices are less exciting. I moved to using Asia Rooms.

Guest sydneyboy

Wow Pow

Thank you very much for your tip about Asia Rooms. I compared their quote for hotels in Brazil where I am contemplating travelling to Precision Reservations and Asia Rooms were much cheaper. An example of forum such as this at its best.

Guest BKKvisitor

I've used both Precision and Asia Rooms and find that Asia Rooms is the better of the two for the reasons posted above. And when they quote you in your currency, that's the exact amount posted to your credit card (no added foreign transaction fee). I'm not sure how they're able to do this. Perhaps they have affiliates in other countries.

I've used Priceline to bid on rooms in Bangkok. You used to be able to get some real bargains at 5-star locations during the SARS scare but those big savings have dried up.