TownsendPLocke

Bette Midler-The Showgirl Must Go On !

• Members

How many ways can I say FABULOUS!?!? I would use all of them to describe Bette Midlers sensational huge production show in Las Vegas!

This was my first visit to Caesars Colloseum(having been to the old Caesars showroom many times)and all I can say is wow-not only is the theatre huge it is also state of the art.

The Devine Miss M. is still devine at 63.Belting out songs,dancing,and keeping moving from one side of the enormous stage to the other-I was exhausted just watching her!

The show is mostly Bette singing her hits-with some new songs and some great dance numbers performed by her 20 showgirls.There was one moment when Miss M' sat at the edge of the stage and played the Ukalale while singing The Glory of love-so touching.

Bruce Villanch has updated the material-fantastic job Bruce :D

The stagecraft used for the production is incredible.The digital disply is used in harmony with stage sets to fantastic effect.

I urge all of you to make a special trip to Las Vegas just to see this show-it aint gonna travel to you!

Guest BewareofNick
I agree.... she's great. And then when you factor in that she is over 60 years old and prancing around the stage like a teen.... you just get even more amazed.

I really enjoyed her in the Stepford Wives. In fact, she's been great in just about everything she's done.