Guest StuCotts

"Barack the Magic Negro"

Guest StuCotts

The CD was distributed by Chip Saltsman, a candidate for the RNC chairmanship. If he gets it, the GOP would be guaranteed a few more years of disarray than it already has to look forward to. Let's all give a cheer and offer a prayer for his resounding triumph.

Guest Conway

I was pretty much in disbelief when I learned that someone that high up in the GOP had passed the thing out to potential donors. You can actually watch it on YouTube if you so choose:

Its not particularly creative. It is pretty racist. The idea behind it is that Al Sharpton is calling him the magic negro because Obama has achieved what Sharpton and Jesse Jackson never could.

Guest BewareofNick
The thing is that if the GOP feels comfortable sending this stuff out, imagine what they are saying about Obama behind closed doors.

"I wanna cut that <n word's> balls off."

Oh wait, that was Jesse Jackson.

Guest BewareofNick

The Drug Addict justifies his use of the song because it was created by a "liberal", used as a pardoy of the grousing of Al Sharpton in regards to Obama's success. Of course, when used by a Repiglican, it takes on a totally different meaning.

Guest StuCotts
"I wanna cut that <n word's> balls off."

Oh wait, that was Jesse Jackson.

Yes. And see the esteem he's held in. If that's what you wish for the GOP, congratulations. You've got it already.

Limbaugh's loud militancy in defense of this sordid episode just digs the hole deeper.

Guest StuCotts
The Drug Addict justifies his use of the song because it was created by a "liberal", used as a pardoy of the grousing of Al Sharpton in regards to Obama's success. Of course, when used by a Repiglican, it takes on a totally different meaning.

It does take on a totally different meaning. It's not an isolated incident. It's part of a continuum that includes a campaign newsletter from Republican organization in California that shows Obama's picture on what looks like a food stamp, surrounded by images of watermelon, etc., not to mention the interviews of fine Republicans broadcast in the course of the campaign by the BBC, in which all mentions of monkeys, fried chicken and the prospect of automobile carcasses on the White house lawn were found hilarious by everybody but the interviewers. And there's a lot more. Your attempt at an aggrieved tone is out of place.

Guest StuCotts
Didn't he insult all of New York once?

He called NY "Hymietown". It was never clear whether he was aiming at all NYers or only NY's Jews. In either case, the intent was clearly to offend, so everybody ouside of his closest cohorts duly took offense.

Guest StuCotts
I think we can all agree that al sharpton is insane

I beg to disagree. Sharpton is a shrewd, bottomlessly opportunistic sleazebag, motivated exclusively by self-interest. His problem is that he is now obsolete. Count on him to keep working tirelessly to re-establish his former clout.

Guest BewareofNick
It does take on a totally different meaning. It's not an isolated incident. It's part of a continuum that includes a campaign newsletter from Republican organization in California that shows Obama's picture on what looks like a food stamp, surrounded by images of watermelon, etc., not to mention the interviews of fine Republicans broadcast in the course of the campaign by the BBC, in which all mentions of monkeys, fried chicken and the prospect of automobile carcasses on the White house lawn were found hilarious by everybody but the interviewers. And there's a lot more. Your attempt at an aggrieved tone is out of place.

My attempt at what? What exactly are you smoking?