TownsendPLocke

A note to Gay lodging owners- STOP RIPPING US OFF!

• Members

I tried booking two different gay hotels in two different cities for two different dates.One is the Blue Moon Resort in Las Vegas the other is Camp Palm Springs

Only reason I would stay in one of these places is because I am attending events held at these properties.

Both hotels had outrageously high rates for the events -ok I am not happy about that but I can live with it.

Both required minimum stays(2 nights).I just did not want to stay in these places let alone be blackmailed into staying two nights so I refused.

BTW-up to that point I had been dealing directly with the properties.

Just for giggles I tried Orbitz and Travelocity-sure enough both properties were avail(at the high rate-but available)for single night bookings via these third party booking engines.

I have been less than pleased with this in the past-but c'mon.

So I booked myself into four star(both of the gay places are 2 star at best)chain lodgings-one is the same price(but includes a really nice b'fast buffet for two) the other is $120 less per night than the gay place wanted for the same date.

Of course when these folks go out of business(and they will-it is a short life span)the owners will whine the "community did not support us" :angry:

• Members

Gay or straight - hotels run the same way. Inauguration 4 night minimum at $879 per night, Mardi Gras 3 night minimum $430 per night, high convention season in Vegas two night minimums at $300 a night. Like it or not it is the way the industry runs. You are right to say they will whine when they close but so do all the other chain hotels.