Guest StuCotts

Name-callers backing off on Obama post-election

Guest StuCotts

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/09/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin

I suspect that Obama will find it politic to forgive. I wouldn't.

Particularly interesting is a statement from O'Reilly, who says that the he and his colleagues in sleaze will make sure their "oversight will be intense" over Obama. Using the strict standards set during the Bush tenure, no doubt. I take that to mean that if Obama doesn't say something stupid at least once a day and subvert the Constitution at least once a week, their judgment will be harsh.

• Members
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/09/us/polit...amp;oref=slogin

I suspect that Obama will find it politic to forgive. I wouldn't.

Particularly interesting is a statement from O'Reilly, who says that the he and his colleagues in sleaze will make sure their "oversight will be intense" over Obama. Using the strict standards set during the Bush tenure, no doubt. I take that to mean that if Obama doesn't say something stupid at least once a day and subvert the Constitution at least once a week, their judgment will be harsh.

Anyone that is famaliar with politics knows the hard words disappear with few hard feelings after the election, it is just part of politics. Look at Obama and McCain. They each said some pretty nasty things about each other. But now all is forgotten between the 2, as it should be. But the honeymoon doesn't last forever, the question is when the critcism returns will it stick. It never did to Reagan.

Guest StuCotts
Anyone that is famaliar with politics knows the hard words disappear with few hard feelings after the election, it is just part of politics. Look at Obama and McCain. They each said some pretty nasty things about each other. But now all is forgotten between the 2, as it should be. But the honeymoon doesn't last forever, the question is when the critcism returns will it stick. It never did to Reagan.

The hard words disappear? Maybe from the actual politicians. But we're also talking the likes of Limbaugh and Hannity here. Their sole talent is name-calling. Calling it criticism is flattery to them.

It may be easy for the pols to stop publicly calling Obama anti-American and a terrorist, but I don't know that it's all that easy to get over having been called those things, especially if it continues via stooges. If anybody can, Obama can. He has the intellect and the focus to compartmentalize and concentrate on the really urgent matters.