Guest StuCotts

Chambliss most foul to be in a runoff election

Guest StuCotts

Saxby Chambliss and his main opponent, the Democrat Jim Martin, both ended up with less than 50% of the vote. The runoff election will take place on Dec. 2. John McCain has been enlisted to campaign for Chambliss. I wish him as much luck in this race as he had in his own. It would be lovely to think that Georgia's voters would do right by the nation and vote Chambliss out once and for all.

• Members
Saxby Chambliss and his main opponent, the Democrat Jim Martin, both ended up with less than 50% of the vote. The runoff election will take place on Dec. 2. John McCain has been enlisted to campaign for Chambliss. I wish him as much luck in this race as he had in his own. It would be lovely to think that Georgia's voters would do right by the nation and vote Chambliss out once and for all.

John McCain won Georgia, so why shouldn't he campaign for Chambliss Saxby? Sen. Saxby polled .2% below the total needed to prevent a runoff. Pretty damn close to winning without winning. I expect the Obama voters, who mostly voted for Martin, probably will not turn out in record numbers in a special Election to vote for Martin. Statewide get out the vote organizations will be the issue here for the winner.

Guest StuCotts
John McCain won Georgia, so why shouldn't he campaign for Chambliss Saxby? Sen. Saxby polled .2% below the total needed to prevent a runoff. Pretty damn close to winning without winning. I expect the Obama voters, who mostly voted for Martin, probably will not turn out in record numbers in a special Election to vote for Martin. Statewide get out the vote organizations will be the issue here for the winner.

I never said he shouldn't campaign for Chambliss. I just wished him no success. As to Obama voters coming out for Martin, if they had voted for him in the first place the runoff wouldn't be happening. He'll probably lose. I think that's a pity for more than just Georgia. Others don't.