Guest StuCotts

Credit where it's due

Guest StuCotts

I was moved by the classy eloquence of McCain's concession speech. There hadn't been much of that in evidence in the latter stages of his campaign. The election was lost by Bush, and I doubt that anything McCain could have done would have reversed that. Still, he might have come out of the debacle cleaner if he'd stuck to what originally got him the admiration he used to enjoy.

At the other end of the spectrum we find Liddy Dole. I was never convinced by her patently fake airs of simpering Southern Ladyhood. The real self she showed in that last lying commercial lost her the election, I like to think. I don't know why I should be so viscerally glad of her defeat. My connection with North Carolina is nil, except for the esteem I have for one of its offspring.

stucotts wrote:

My connection with North Carolina is nil, except for the esteem I have for one of its offspring.

I never knew that you felt that way about me.

• Members
Promise? :wub:

La Dole's defenestration was, for me too, the cherry on last night's cake.

Prior to her entry into the Senate I had always had a positive view of Elizabeth Dole. I hadn't paid attention while she was in the Senate. However, her despicable campaign tactics has forever changed my view.

I am so pleased that these Lee Atwater/Karl Rove tactics have failed so badly this election cycle. Not sure whether the voters are wising up or the targets are better at responding. Probably both.

Guest StuCotts
Promise? :wub:

La Dole's defenestration was, for me too, the cherry on last night's cake.

Where did you get the clever, smile-inducing icon? It's not among the ones on offer here, is it?

Where did you get the clever, smile-inducing icon? It's not among the ones on offer here, is it?

Indeed it is. When you next compose a post or a reply, note the link "Show All" at the top of the box that contains the icons. Click that link, and bounty! There appears a panel with (for whatever reason) many more icon choices than you get by clicking the "Next" link at the bottom of the box containing the icons.

...One that I'm still seeking occasion to use: :ph34r: