BiBottomBoy

Palin On SNL?

Gawker and some of the other gossip sites have articles up saying that Sarah Palin may end up on Saturday night live either this Saturday or the Saturday after.

If that's not a desperation move on the GOP's part, I'm not sure what is.

I read one article that said these skits are having a negative effect on the campaign. If that is true, it is best for her to combat that head on to show she has a sense of humor. It might just be a very smart move if that happens.

• Members
I read one article that said these skits are having a negative effect on the campaign. If that is true, it is best for her to combat that head on to show she has a sense of humor. It might just be a very smart move if that happens.

Agreed. Smart move I've been expecting.

Running away from it won't help. Neither has ignoring it. SNL is likely to trim its wings if the target is onstage as part of the skit. Human nature. Plus the potential for unknown volatility with the principle makes for setting boundaries.

If they had balls they'd center the sketch around 'guilt by association' and trot out the usual Obama accusations along with Keating Five and McCain's Board Membership on Right Wing Org with former Nazi supporting death squads in Latin America and Palin's witch hunting pastor and hubby's membership in a secession organization. Oh, and work in Palin's support for assault weapons use from helicopters to blow the shit out of Alaskan wolves from the air. Just a ole fun lovin' Alaska girl!

A funny sketch on that would be devastating. Not likely to happen in a face-to-face though. Doesn't mean it couldn't be done on another weekend.