Guest mineallmine

How do quotes work?

Guest mineallmine

Hey there,

I was trying to figure out the quote button and how it worked. I can reply to a post and it quote the whole thing. But I can not figure out how to divide it up into individual chunks and reply to just those chunks. The quote button only seems to turn red and blue for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

J.

• Members
Hey there,

Howdy,

I was trying to figure out the quote button and how it worked. I can reply to a post and it quote the whole thing. But I can not figure out how to divide it up into individual chunks and reply to just those chunks.

There may be better way, but here's a way that works for me. Pick the chunk you want to respond to and type [qu0te] at the beginning of that chunk and then type [/qu0te] at the end of that chunk. (Except spell "quote" the right way with "o" instead of "0"; I had to misspell it, or my words would have appeared in quotes.) Then you can type your response to that chunk. When you're ready to quote the next chunk, just type [qu0te] at the beginning of the chunk and [/qu0te] at the end of the chunk, and it will appear in quotes.

As you noticed, when you hit the "reply" button, the [qu0te] and [/qo0te] commands are inserted for you automatically, but for the entire post you're responding to. To break it into chunks, you have to insert the extra [qu0te] and [/qu0te] commands yourself.

The quote button only seems to turn red and blue for me.

Far out! I never noticed that. I have no idea what that button does, and maybe it's the secret to a whole better process. In the meantime, thank you, I'll just enjoy flipping between red and blue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

J.

You're welcome, and happy quoting! ^_^