Lucky

TV Power Out

• Members

So if your tv power goes out, do you have a book or two to read? One might think the Pub was turned over to promoters for the fall season.

I just read Curtis Sittenfeld's new novel called American Wife. It's supposed to be the disguised story of Laura Bush. Don't rush to read it as it doesn't get interesting until page 433.

Next is Christopher Buckley's novel called Supreme Courtship, to be followed by Ian Rankin's Exit Music. I like the Edinburgh settings as the city seems so picturesque, but the reality is much uglier.

I'm still watching the Yankees on Extra Innings, but they aren't going to the playoffs this year so much of the excitement is gone. Occasionally I check in on the Cleveland Indians just to look at Grady Sizemore, truly the cutest baseball player in the major leagues.

Otherwise, not much need for a tv in my house.

• Members

Is it a sex novel? Or just a story about a cute date who is dead in bed?

And,becoming an esteemed member was quite a hoot. There was a big ceremony with Totally Oz, Tampa Yankee, and Barry. We were all on this island, I think it was Gilligan's island, and they had these cute twinks with hard dicks and totally nude. I got my pick of the group, and we went off to a tiki-hut for a private session. Once he had me fully aroused, he pulled a medal out of his butt and proceeded to put a lanyard on it. Next thing I know he was hanging it on my, well, you know. I got kind of groggy just about then, and just as I was going to give him an exciting wet kiss, our naked bodies entwining, I woke up.

Funny thing, though. When I went to make the bed, I found this Cracker Jack trinket I got when I was a kid and had saved ever since. I looked at it, and realized that it was just a trinket!

Have you never read Poppy Z Brite?

She's one of the most respected modern novelists. Exquisite Corpse is a book where she deals with the gay underworld of New Orleans.

There is a lot of sex in it, but it's hardly a sex novel. It's won a ton of literary awards.

Given the other authors you mentioned, you'd probably enjoy it.

http://www.amazon.com/Exquisite-Corpse-Pop...8003&sr=8-4

Guest StuCotts
So if your tv power goes out, do you have a book or two to read? One might think the Pub was turned over to promoters for the fall season.

I just read Curtis Sittenfeld's new novel called American Wife. It's supposed to be the disguised story of Laura Bush. Don't rush to read it as it doesn't get interesting until page 433.

Next is Christopher Buckley's novel called Supreme Courtship, to be followed by Ian Rankin's Exit Music. I like the Edinburgh settings as the city seems so picturesque, but the reality is much uglier.

I'm still watching the Yankees on Extra Innings, but they aren't going to the playoffs this year so much of the excitement is gone. Occasionally I check in on the Cleveland Indians just to look at Grady Sizemore, truly the cutest baseball player in the major leagues.

Otherwise, not much need for a tv in my house.

When the TV conks out, us plain folks fall back on simple pastimes. We weave linsey-woolsey, whittle and fart.

We got no book learning. Any time you want to give us the benefit of your literary judgment, stick to short declarative sentences. We'll be so grateful that we'll actually try to understand.

• Members
We were all on this island, I think it was Gilligan's island, and they had these cute twinks with hard dicks and totally nude. I got my pick of the group, and we went off to a tiki-hut for a private session. Once he had me fully aroused, he pulled a medal out of his butt and proceeded to put a lanyard on it. Next thing I know he was hanging it on my, well, you know. I got kind of groggy just about then, and just as I was going to give him an exciting wet kiss, our naked bodies entwining, I woke up.

Captain Morgan's?