TotallyOz

Thoughts are with those in Texas

• Members

Thanks, I'm in Houston. It's like living in a 3rd world country right now. No power, no traffic signals, debris on the roads, can't drink the water, no banks open, no mail. A few stores are beginning to open, but when you hear of one the question is if the roads are passable to get there. Ice is hard to find. FEMA has some but there are very long lines to get any.

And we have a curfew from 6pm to 9am through Saturday. The Airports opened up today (Monday). Amazing how little you can do without power.

• Members
If Jason Carter is wet, I could dry him off real nice and slow.

... then get him all wet again. ;)

BigK, Sorry to hear that you are participating in that ordeal. I can only begin to imagine your discomfort from my experience of simply being without power for 60 hours due to a beautfiul ice storm with unpleasant aftermath. Luckily, we had plenty of ice and snow to eat but no water for amenities or heat for that matter. We had to make sure that the yellow snow was limited to the backyard. :(

I hope things improve for you but I'm reading that it may be a couple of more weeks before provisions will be available everywhere. Hope that is a big overstatement.

• Members

Power's back...yeah. A new word (acronym) has entered our lexicon...POD's...Points of Distribution. Large caravans of supplies have been pouring in with water, ice and MRE's.

They say it will take another week to get power back to 50-75%. I keep hoping, for others sake, that they are just setting low expectations. Galveston is going to take a while. Water was 9 feet in the Strand (older historic area that survived the 1900 Hurricane.