TotallyOz

Size: how big is too big?

Well, for me I like them average but:

We are remaking the MER site and we want to know what screen size most of you want. It was suggested that we make it larger but any suggestions? This is the first step in the site design as the entire site will be based on this. Your advice and comments are appreciated.

• Members

Personal proclivities aside, I'm not sure I understand the question.

I can make the screen any size I want, up to the edges of my computer display. Which I usually do.

Or are you referring to the blank spaces along the sides of the page? I hadn't really noticed until you asked the question, but this site does have more "air" around the content than most. If that's what you're asking about, I think it's fine the way it is, but I wouldn't complain if you took back some of that real estate either.

If I've totally missed the point, I hope you'll ask the question again. I like the way you guys look for improvements.

• Members
We have researched many sites as studies on computer ownership and we came to know (1024*768 and 1280*1024) are popular resolution today. As this is the first step we need to design the new site, any comments?

At last I understand the question you're asking. I'm no expert, but this guy is:

http://www.hobo-web.co.uk/tips/25.htm

He says to optimize for 1024*768, but use a liquid design with percentage widths to control layout. That way, almost everyone will have a good experience, no matter their screen size or browser settings.

Since you asked, my screen size is currently 1280*800. But I can't tell you what it will be next month, when I hope Apple will release new laptops. And I'll want Xerx to look good when I spring for an iPhone too.

79911.jpg

So here's a vote for liquid design! :P

• Members

Let's keep in mind that screen size and screen resolution while related, are not the same. The question seems to be preferred screen resolution. However, we should remember that increased resolution means more pixels which means more data to download which means more time to download. Double the resolution and quadruple the data to download. Everything has a price.

• Members

I agree with BiBottomBoy, Lucky, and others who like the site as it is. Of all the websites I visit, this is the most tastefully designed. The only thing I'd change is that fire-engine red border around the Flirt4Free models. Rather than Red (#FF0000), why not try DarkRed (#8B0000) or FireBrick (#B22222) instead? It would still pop, but wouldn't be such an an island of tacky in a sea of good taste. Another country heard from. ^_^

I agree with BiBottomBoy, Lucky, and others who like the site as it is. Of all the websites I visit, this is the most tastefully designed. The only thing I'd change is that fire-engine red border around the Flirt4Free models. Rather than Red (#FF0000), why not try DarkRed (#8B0000) or FireBrick (#B22222) instead? It would still pop, but wouldn't be such an an island of tacky in a sea of good taste. Another country heard from. ^_^

Thanks. We will take it into consideration. But, we are redoing the entire site for many reason and part is to make the code better and easier to handle and administer. We will be adding Ajax technology and faster searches and many more items to the site. In order to do all this, it will be a complete rebuild from top to bottom. We are just trying to get some input along the way to make it the way you guys want it. Colors are easy to change in the rebuild and I'll put in that request to the programmers. ^_^

• Members
Lookin

Never mind the screen size controversy.... who is this and where do I find him? ^_^

Wish I could tell you he's right outside your door, but I stumbled across him yesterday on Flirt4Free. I think he's Russian and that usually means St. Petersburg. Can't recall height and weight, but there was an 8" in there somewhere. He had one review, a four-star, and it said he preferred to chat and was shy about showing his butt. Still, I like to think that if you were in St. Petersburg, you could reason with him. ^_^

Call me kinky but your comment about rebuilding "from top to bottom" made my dick throb.

Thanks. We will take it into consideration. But, we are redoing the entire site for many reason and part is to make the code better and easier to handle and administer. We will be adding Ajax technology and faster searches and many more items to the site. In order to do all this, it will be a complete rebuild from top to bottom. We are just trying to get some input along the way to make it the way you guys want it. Colors are easy to change in the rebuild and I'll put in that request to the programmers. ^_^

• Members
Wish I could tell you he's right outside your door, but I stumbled across him yesterday on Flirt4Free. I think he's Russian and that usually means St. Petersburg. Can't recall height and weight, but there was an 8" in there somewhere. He had one review, a four-star, and it said he preferred to chat and was shy about showing his butt. Still, I like to think that if you were in St. Petersburg, you could reason with him. ^_^

Thanks, lookin.

That brought back memories. A few years ago I met a boy just as cute as this one on F4F, also from St. Petersburg. He was also shy... said he was straight but gay-friendly. I was heading to Russia later that summer, so I convinced him to be my tour guide when I went to St. Petersburg. He was a great tour guide, and by the 3rd day, he was spending the night too. ^_^

Life can be so much fun.