TotallyOz

New Version of Firefox for Mac

Guest Stephan
On PC Firefox 3 can be hit or miss. It's great in a lot of ways, but it has problems when you are using Adobe products and Flash. They admit the problem and are trying to fix it.

In the meantime I can't wait until Google releases Chrome next week.

On mac I most of the time use Safari but it seems when Safari bugs ( and yes it does bug for me ) then I switch to Firefox that seems to be fast.. but I just know all those shortcut on safari I am debating either should I move to Firefox or not....

How many IE guys do we still have out there?

IE on mac ? it is like putting Unleaded gas in a turbo Diesel car..... And I thought they stop supporting that darn thing anyway .... didn't they ?

Stephan,

A lot of people need to run both the MAC operating system and Windows at the same time while using a MAC - if they have tasks that need to be done in a Windows environment.

When you have the Windows running simultaneously with MAC OS, you need to have a different browswer running.

Therefore if you are running Firefox on the MAC side you want to use IE on the Windows side. Because running Firefox on both ends will cause your system to crash.

I'm not sure why this is, but my guess would be the competing operating systems can't figure out which of the two Firefoxes you are trying to do stuff with.