TotallyOz

Blackberry in Thailand

My Blackberry is a GSM unit, so it works fine in Thailand. I have an international plan, so data transfers are inexpensive. However, outgoing calls are pricey.

Guest shockdevil

Be sure to get the Blackberry International Package on yours before you head to Thailand (I learned the hard way). Once those messages start uploading to your device the rates are tremendous.

However, my T-Mobile Blackberry worked fine throughout Thailand.

I did not use my Blackberry for calls. I just used my spare phone with a local SIM card. That worked out great for calls on the fly.

Guest MissMarples

No Blackberries in Thailand. I've searched high and low in all the markets, but can't find any. I love blackberries too. Especially when mixed with apples and put into a pie.

I've found plenty of bananas, mango's, durian and other exotics however. Will they do?

I always enjoy it when a poster assumes everyone else knows what he's talking about. Well, I don't. I have never heard of this 'blackberry' and I don't have any idea of what it is. I'll bet I'm not alone in that. How about someone explaining . . .

Sorry, GB. A blackberry is a little device used as a phone and an office manager. It takes your e-mail from e-mails accounts and pushes it to your phone as soon as they are received. The way a blackberry looks is like a little phone but with a different key for each letter so it is similar to a smalll laptop. It works anywhere in the world.

So, I could be sitting on Jomptien beach and as soon as an e-mail comes to my inbox, Blackberry pushes it to my hand held unit. It makes it easy to respond very fast. It is used mostly for business people so they are always reachable via e-mail.

check out: http://www.blackberry.com

Well, I don't. I have never heard of this 'blackberry' and I don't have any idea of what it is. I'll bet I'm not alone in that. How about someone explaining . . .

When in doubt about any subject:

http://www.google.com/

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish he eats everyday. :rolleyes:

Actually GT, the Hudson has improved greatly. Just don't eat fish (from the Hudson) everyday. By the way, the shad are running and the roe are wonderful!