TotallyOz

JJ Market in Bangkok

I love my dogs I bought at JJ Market in Bangkok. When I saw them, my heart sank as they looked malnourished and not well taken care of. I could not leave them there. I took 3 of them one day and they have been with me since. What I didn't know was that even though they are great dogs they came with many issues. One has an eating disorder and he has been a challenge since day 1. (I overeat and he under-eats.) I just had one of them operated on as he was predisposed to knee problems. The knee surgery was 5k USD. While I do love the dogs and would not change taking them when I did, you really need to be careful when you get a dog anywhere but at a place like JJ, you need to be more cautious and ask more questions.

I am sure they are not related to me as the dog with the surgery refuses to take his pain medicine. Me, when I am in pain, I want the max. :) It is odd that he has his knee operated on the same week as I had my foot operated on due to an injury. We are both limping so it looks like we were made for each other.

As the dog with knee surgery is limited to what he can do for the next 6 weeks, he will be sitting on my lap most of the time I read this forum. Welcome Snow to the forum! ;)

Guest Hedda
The knee surgery was 5k USD.

What did your psychiatric consultation cost ?

I hope he's a champion greyhound whose knees you expect to fully recover and win big at the Miami dog races. Otherwise, did you just consider the alternative of just making the dog give up tennis ?

What did your psychiatric consultation cost ?

I hope he's a champion greyhound whose knees you expect to fully recover and win big at the Miami dog races. Otherwise, did you just consider the alternative of just making the dog give up tennis ?

My therapist costs 240 an hour. But, that comes with a magic pen and prescription pad. ;)

The office I took the dog to is a bone treatment center for animals. There were no greyhounds but a lot of dogs loved by their owners. They do about 1,000 of these surgery's each year. The dog could not walk and his knee was out of socket and he was in pain. I had little choice. I had been saving my pennies to return to the LOS. It was pay the price for the surgery or return to Pattaya. And since it appears to be low season and things are slower, I went for the surgery. I am sure Come In bar won't miss my 50 bath water too much this week. :)

I was at the doctors office myself yesterday as I had an infection on my toe. (ingrown toenail the week before) The doctor came into his office on a Sunday with his wife and kids to take a look at me. He took out a scaple and started to work. I saw the blood, told him I was a little light headed and passed out. Luckily his wife is a Registered Nurse and she revived me. I told him I didn't know what happened. He said I would be fine and gave me a prescription for Oxycontin.

The dog had major surgery and no pain killers. I fainted and was given a really cool pain killer. I just love American doctors. ;)