BiBottomBoy

Obama - Against Gay Marriage

In an interview with the Chicago Daily Tribune, Obama said, "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."

http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/lesbianact...BarackObama.htm

• Members
In an interview with the Chicago Daily Tribune, Obama said, "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."

http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/lesbianact...BarackObama.htm

And what other major politician on the scene today thinks otherwise?

Guest StuCotts
And what other major politician on the scene today thinks otherwise?

Not to mention that any presidential candidate openly supportive of gay marriage would stand a better chance of being assassinated than of ever setting foot in the White House.

Not to mention that any presidential candidate openly supportive of gay marriage would stand a better chance of being assassinated than of ever setting foot in the White House.

You are out of your mind. Hillary said time and time again that she was in favor of gay marriage and no one has suggested that she'd get shot.

Are you really feeling that guilty about your homosexuality that you think that people might shoot someone in favor of it?

I do respect your opinion, but I think that perhaps you are more paranoid than actual reality.

Guest StuCotts
You are out of your mind. Hillary said time and time again that she was in favor of gay marriage and no one has suggested that she'd get shot.

Are you really feeling that guilty about your homosexuality that you think that people might shoot someone in favor of it?

I do respect your opinion, but I think that perhaps you are more paranoid than actual reality.

Wrong. Hillary specifically opposed gay marriage while supporting civil unions, for which she was criticized by gay groups.

The brio you squander on name calling would be better applied to fact checking.

Wrong. Hillary specifically opposed gay marriage while supporting civil unions, for which she was criticized by gay groups.

The brio you squander on name calling would be better applied to fact checking.

Fact checking?

Dude you are the one who is suggesting that someone would get assassinated if they supported gay marriage.

Fact check that.

Nobody has killed any members of the California Supreme Court who created legal gay marriage.

If you want to be sane you could say "nobody could become president if they supported gay marriage."

I'd disagree with you, but it would still be sane.

But to say that supporting gay marriage would get you killed seems paranoid.

I'm not dissing you personally - in fact I'm happy to have someone to debate with.

I just think that talking assassination is taking things too far.

Fact checking?

Dude you are the one who is suggesting that someone would get assassinated if they supported gay marriage.

Fact check that.

Nobody has killed any members of the California Supreme Court who created legal gay marriage.

If you want to be sane you could say "nobody could become president if they supported gay marriage."

I'd disagree with you, but it would still be sane.

But to say that supporting gay marriage would get you killed seems paranoid.

I'm not dissing you personally - in fact I'm happy to have someone to debate with.

I just think that talking assassination is taking things too far.

My read on it was that he did not suggest that someone would be assassinated if they supported gay marriage. He said they had a better chance of being assassinated than being elected President. I don't disagree with this. I think the likelihood of someone wanting openly gay marriage is unelectable. I also think it is highly unlikely that anyone on the ticket or running will get assassinated with all the security they have.

I think the only one that support gay marriage was Kucinich. Right or wrong?

My read on it was that he did not suggest that someone would be assassinated if they supported gay marriage. He said they had a better chance of being assassinated than being elected President. I don't disagree with this. I think the likelihood of someone wanting openly gay marriage is unelectable. I also think it is highly unlikely that anyone on the ticket or running will get assassinated with all the security they have.

I think Ron Paul had some weird support for gay marriage. But I can't remember because his position points were so crazy skewed in every direction.

Mike Gravel also. Kucinich and Gravel -- in the Logo TV debate/forum that also included Hillary, Barack and John Edwards -- were the only two to come out and, eloquently and straightforwardly, say gay marriage is a simple, self-evident matter of human and civil rights. It was Gravel's finest moment in the campaign that I saw.

• Members

Thanks for contributing to a healthy active discussion but please let's not get personal in the remarks. That has caused discussion elsewhere in the past to spiral out of bounds, descending into a flame war. I only mention because the exchange of personal remarks have a potential for spiraling out of control and descending into a flame war. :unsure: We are not even close here but we don't want to be any closer either.

Mike Gravel also. Kucinich and Gravel -- in the Logo TV debate/forum that also included Hillary, Barack and John Edwards -- were the only two to come out and, eloquently and straightforwardly, say gay marriage is a simple, self-evident matter of human and civil rights. It was Gravel's finest moment in the campaign that I saw.

For me, I was a Kucinich fan from the get go and I do remember he was straight forward on the gay issue as well as impeaching GW Bush. He has been the lone voice in the party to fight for the impeachment and he keeps hammering away at them. He is THE man!

Thanks for contributing to a healthy active discussion but please let's not get personal in the remarks. That has caused discussion elsewhere in the past to spiral out of bounds, descending into a flame war. I only mention because the exchange of personal remarks have a potential for spiraling out of control and descending into a flame war. :unsure: We are not even close here but we don't want to be any closer either.

Sorry! Was trying to be respectful.

It's easy to forget that tone of voice doesn't always carry over well on the Internet.

My bad!