Lucky

Confused in Palm Springs

• Members

TLA releasing has sprung for a full page ad in the IN Magazine LA for its one week gay film festival. It's going to be at the Sunset Laemmle 5 in West Hollywood and will feature 6 different films.

Bangkok Love Story is one that might appeal to me, except that in the promo only one of the boys looks very cute. Also featured are movies called Boystown, 3-Day Weekend, Dog Tags, I Dreamed Under the Water (probably a Cheney waterboarding fantasy!)and a movie about Jack Wrangler.

SO, if one wanted to drive in from Palm springs but couldn't spend the whole week there, how does one find out when the movies of interest are playing?

TLA links to the Laemmle site, but there the movies are not listed by name. At the time given, you are told they are showing Program 13 or whatever other number goes with the time in question.

How is one to plan to attend the festival and be sure to see the movies one wants?

There is one person who can figure this out, and that is our resident PR man, Townsend P. Locke. How about it, Townie, can you get the lowdown?

• Members

Hmmmm-more super duper programing in the gay film biz :angry:

The last time I contacted the Lamlle Sunset 5-and I admit that was a long time ago-they actually had a wat to talk to a real live human being after listening to some prompts from a recording.

To be honest-I have no been to that theatre in over a year-maybe closer to three.I just hate watching movies with actors and wannabe actors who rudely talk and dish during a film-and this theatre gets a fair number of those.

If I come up with something I will let you know.

I also apologize for being so tardy with my response-I was traveling and my travel laptop,an AsusEEE supports Mozzila Firefox and for some reason the buttons and photos on this site do not appear in my screen-no Idea why that is.So I had to wait to get home.

• Members

I checked the theater's own website, end, even though they give synopses of the pix to be shown, no schedule is yet available.

Bangkok Love Story does'n't seem to be loved by too many of those who have seen it. Perhaps Oz could do his own much better?