TownsendPLocke

Numbers in West Hollywood has reopened!

• Members

New Owners,New Staff,New Menu.

Back to its roots.

Numbers has been reopened.New(gay)owner and management team.

The new owners say they want to have the old feel of the original Numbers while updating the menu.

Reports are creeping in that this is a fun place once again.

Will give it ia try very soon.

Guest chillmaster01
Web page is up.

http://www.thehustlecontinues.com/

Will check it out this weekend.

I heard it was packed last Saturday night and it was very cool not same feeling before and maybe not same enviroment,. It was very upscale and awesome per the person that told me about and he knew nothing about its past and when I told him he was surprised.

What I am trying to say I am not sure how much hustling is going on

• Members

Wellllll I will have to go back to give them another chance.

Showed up at 9 with a party of 12 people(group from the Jason Secrest show at Here lounge)with no reservations.Place was pretty dead(4th of July-but it was a friday night-by comparriosion Eleven was packed)and only a few scattered tables of diners,both solo and groups.

Bartender was very young,dressed in some strange costume-cute and energetic-they did not have bitters stocked :angry: and regular cocktails are expensive.

First bad impression was made when the Manageress(yes-a woman <_< )announced that at least 2/3rds of the menu was unavailable.Second came when our drinks arrived messed up(and I am talking about iced tea-it was carbonated!)third came when we had to tell our waiter to brinng our bread-after waitng ten minutes.

Food finally arrived-nothing terrible but nothing very good either.And the menu is very expensive for what it is.Entrees start at $20 and go up to $35.

Service was amusing amature hour-at one point our waiter did a lap dance for a group that was celebrating a birthday :lol:

Owner was in the house-but never came by to see how things were going.I fear this is another rich guy who thought it would be fun to own a restaurant-with no experience in the restaurant business <_<

When I left a 10:45 some working boys were staring to stroll in.

The wole place is draped in black crepe=like a holloween haunted house :blink:

Like I said-I will give it another try under better cicumstances and will reserve final judgement till then.

• Members

Well if they really wanted the old cook back all they would have to do would be walk up SMB to Eleven=that is where he is currently employed.

But really-I am glad they updated the very dated menu-they just need a better cook and to bring the prices down by 25% and the place will be packed.

Oh=and luring some cute guys back would not hurt either.

• Members

The new issue of IN Magazine LA is out, with another full page color ad for Numbers.

The big difference? The phrase "the hustle continues" is no longer there at the top, but at the very bottom the web address is given.

People who don't know its history might be wondering if the hustle meant cheating the customers!

Guest mineallmine

I used to live in LA about six years ago and I visit all the time as im in the Inland Empire. It sounds eerily familiar I am trying to recall it. Where is it located exactly?

I've been to the new Numbers three times and they are really trying hard. They have some cute waiters that become pole dancers at 10:30pm. That's a novel idea. Around 10PM they take their shirts off as they are still waiting tables and then some of them become dancers at 10:30. The food isn't awful, but a bit pricey. It's worth a visit or two. Friday night was Rentboy night and there a few guys in the crowd including Thomas Olivier from London (oh, right, he was dining with me. . .)