TotallyOz

IMac 24 inch Desktop

For those of you that love the Imacs but can't seem to be able to get them back and forth on planes, I have a solution for you that has worked great for me.

First, I really wanted the IMac 24 inch as it has a great screen and it makes it easy for me to see and use. It is also 110-220 electricity voltage which allows me to travel to different countries and not blow the computer. It will also allow me to run Parallels which lets me run both the Mac OS and the Windows XP at the same time. The Imac is an amazing machine but traveling with it is a real pain in the ass and for the life of me I could not figure out how to do it as every Mac store rep I talked to said it was not for travel.

I bought a Pelican 1640 Watertight Case $210.53 from B and H Photo in NYC. No sales tax if shipped out of the state.

I configured my box to fit the computer and I was also able to put in my scanner and printer just fine. It is now a traveling office. It is 69.9 pounds which meets the airline standard and it also allows me to keep my office with me wherever I go.

I love the new setup and have really enjoyed having such a big computer with me all the time.