TotallyOz

Thai Air to cancel nonstop to Bangkok from NYC

I have used this flight before and enjoyed it as it was a nonstop to the Land of Smiles. I have always tried to get others to visit Thailand and I do think it is one of the last paradise's on earth. Thai was just not getting the numbers they needed to keep this going. They still have the LA to BKK nonstop. I have been told that the NYC to BKK will stop in July. Just an FYI.

• Members
I have used this flight before and enjoyed it as it was a nonstop to the Land of Smiles. I have always tried to get others to visit Thailand and I do think it is one of the last paradise's on earth. Thai was just not getting the numbers they needed to keep this going. They still have the LA to BKK nonstop. I have been told that the NYC to BKK will stop in July. Just an FYI.

Are they the only airline to offer nonstop service?

Are they the only airline to offer nonstop service?

Yes, Thai Air is the only ones that have offered nonstop. The NYC-BKK flight was usually much more crowded than the other airlines going to Asia so I am not sure the issue.

EVA, Singapore and several other airlines go to Hong Kong, Singapore, etc and have one stop there and then catch a flight to Bangkok.

NWA, Continental, Delta, United etc all go half way and catch another leg.

KLM, Air France, Lufstansa etc all go to Europe and then to Bangkok.

I have done all the above. I much prefer the Europe stopover but it is more expensive to fly that direction.

NWA was my choice for many years but they go Detroit, San Francisco, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, etc to Tokyo and then to Bangkok. I don't mind this route but the upgradeable fares have gone from 1900 when I first started doing this trip to 2400 to 2700 to 2900 and now they are 3700 for full coach fare that is upgradeable. That is now just pricing itself out of my league and it is no longer worth it to me.

I loved the Thai Air Premium Economy as it was 1500 roundtrip. Premium economy is the same at domestic Business. Larger seats, more leg room but not a full down bed. Still it was easy to rest and relax on.