Guest ear wig

All the best and latest Gay Chaig Mai

Guest ear wig

Chiang Mai list is disapointingly out of date on most forums. I thought its time someone corrected this so the following is a current update to the original Chiang Mai content (March 2007) if its of interest to anyone. Info based on comments from friends (mainly Thai) and some personal knowledge:

CHIANG MAI

GAY FRIENDLY BARS & RESTAURANTS & KARAOKE

2 Style Bar/Restaurant - In large and busy soi off Ratchawichit Road - entrance to the soi is the same side as The Irish Pub and about 100 yards further on walking west, i.e. away from the moat. Look for the rainbow flag hanging outside.

"Caution - June 12 - the place is now in new hands and/or may close shortly and open as something else."

"Different kind of place from the MB bars at the Night Market etc. More mixed and laid back - and no "offs" as such. Easy parking. Good food, friendly atmosphere and Thai prices for most of the drinks & all of the food. They could work on their music selection, though!" click below?

> Closed down a long time ago, several of the old staff still work in other bars.

Garden Bar at the Lotus Hotel - opposite Adam's Apple.

Very friendly and comfortable place to meet other farang as well as Thai guys. The drinks are very reasonable and its very cruisy with the Adam crowd and the snooker hall next door. The Garden Bar parties are set to resume in August. They are held the first saturday night of each month at 7:30. Good place to meet people. One free drink, snacks and door prizes plus one speaker or performer and usually a band or musician. Most people go up to Adam for the show afterwards.

Still good but much quieter since Adam shut, still popular with the pool hall boys - helps if you can speak Tai Yai!

Soho Bar - Huay Kaew

"It is more like a Balcony or Telephone. Nice plave to relax and meet people. No hosts and no offs. They have game nights where you can meet lots of the locals."

"Changed hands a few weeks ago, heard a rumor that the buyer changed at the last minute and its now going Str8 as a guest house. Dunno how true this is. Last few months its being dying anyway"

RELAX - Karaoke

"Fun and open late..!"

Great place if you're in the know - but not somewhere for new in town lone Farangs, best to go only with Thai friends. Also be careful - can get violent when the Thai's overdose on 100 Pipers".

Other places new to list:

Mai Paeng - late night local restaurant (Thai food only)

"Popular after bar restaurant, many off duty MBs go there, fun and cheap but you need to speak some Thai or go with Thai friends, haven't checked it out for a few months though"

Mandalay - Disco (AKA Mandagay by Thais)

"Extremely popular with young gay Thais - this is the place everyone goes; but the owner hates Farang and they are very unwelcome unless with "connected" Thais, its also a place for group drinking - single middle aged Farang wallflowers look very sad and conspicuous"

Kudos

"New Gay bar (Summer 2006) has both outdoor beer bar area and Smart A/C lounge"

Glass Onion

"Upmarket air conditioned wine bar - very smart and friendly"

HEUAN AI BAU

"A personal favourite - Gay friendly local outdoor bar/restaurant, junction of Santitham and Tewan, great food and friendly staff, very resonable prices"

GAY GO-GO BARS

Adam's Apple

"is reportedly open for shows again (almost as good as in BKK)"

"Still the best in my opinion. Well controlled and best show"Now owned by a Pattaya Farang I am told.

Doi Boy

"Run as fast as you can.."

> "real dive with very few customers - an advantage if u wanna be discreet; if you don't scare easy you might find some hidden treasure - trust me"

Fan Club

"(avoid, IMHO)"

"Be afraid, be very afraid!"

> " Long gone......"

New My Way

"Boys are too aggresive and will ask you for drinks and sit without being invited. The manager does not control the boys"

"Nothing much has changed.......probably the best selection of boys in CNX...but still needs a good Mamasan, also too dark to see what that boy who just sat next to you even looks like! Has a long show, but too many "chicks with dicks in dirty frocks" doing lip sync"

Circle Pub

"Good but a bit too formal."

"more for the muscle lover"

TGB

"Check your bill and your change carefully"

"Dunno if this is still open"

Free Guys

"Not bad. Maybe a little inconsistent."

"probably the raunchiest show in CNX, but they put the prices up to BKK levels in Nov 2006 and its nothing like a BKK bar or a BKK show. If you get bored can always play spot the gay boy - not easy....... the bar tender's cute though, and the Tai Yai guys are well endowed"

Coffee Boy

"Not even worth the tuk tuk ride to get there"

Just been sold - July 2005.. so may change. Later: rumored to be closed again.

"recent report - Feb 2007 says its open and nicely refurbished, but few boys or customers"

The following aren't Gogo bars but just regular beer bars, mostly outdoor, with freelancers always around (plus some available staff)

Night Bazzar Soi off Thape Soi 1 behind D2 Hotel>

Cream

"The best of the night bazaar"

"umm, "The Best" only if VERY young Burmese are your thing - you have been warned!"

Jackpot

"Friendly bar"

Also the two bars at the entrance to the Soi are now gay; Left side is called Secret place - don't care for the new owner though; right side is same owner as Jackpot I believe" There is also Cruise bar opposite Cream - similar story"

Around the Peak Climbing wall:

Chez Nous

"Best of the Peak bars"

"Chez Nous is now the worst.......changed hands about six months ago; boys with attitude who like to abuse things of substance if you get my meaning"

Friendship Bar

"I don't care for the management.."Others have no problem; it changes.

"Has changed hands since the original post; The owner, Pi Nui, is one of the most respected bar owners in Chiang Mai having previously worked in Chez Nous and very supportive of local Gay HIV charity. Popular place just to go and drink with no pressure"

New Peak Bars:

Paradise Bar

"Recently re-opened by Lek, a former owner of Chez Nous - most of the old Chez Nous customers now go there; very popular with cute bar staff"

Cupid Bar

"Not as good as it was but the staff are VERY friendly Don't forget the condoms"

MTV Bar

"owned by the same people as Classic House Massage - Popular with friendly staff"

SAUNAS & MASSAGE

SpaRoma

"The nicest and not that far out of the way as often reported"Uni Students a bit stand offish

"Beautiful place with big swimming pool and well equipped Gym - not so many people"

House of Male

It is near Central Kad Kaew on a back soi, outdoor pool, drinks and restaurant, a maze, weight room, lockers, and a very hot steam steam room. About 130 baht two years ago.

"Still 130 Baht for Farang AFAIK, still sleazy....... and popular with Farang"

Naga across from Big C

"owned by the owner of Circle Pub. No personal experience to tell of yet"

"Dunno if this is still open?"

HIS Male Massage

"The best in town. I hear they opened a bar of the same name but I haven't checked it out yet."

"had a dull spot but have heard good things recently; also have a late night Karaoke bar on Cnhiang Mai Land"

Ken's Male Massage

"Closed I Believe"

Bee Beez Male Massage

"Mediocre reports"

Barai Male Massage

Climax Male Massage

"what a great name!"

Gemini Male Massage / Sauna

"Major rip off."

FONT "Apparently still overpriced and mediocre facilities but some cute young masseuse"

Other Massage places:

Art of massage

"Small; Close to Adam Apple and Viangbua Mansion; mediocre"

Maple

"New place adjacent to New My Way - same boys!; cheap but mediocre"

Blue Club

"Chiang Mai Land; have no reports but know a couple of the staff who should make a visit worthwhile "

One 2 Come

"Also a great name! Last but not least this place has the best facilities in Chiang Mai, formerly a guest house, all the rooms are large and provided with en suite facilities and even a jacuzzi and outdoor beer garden to go and relax. Great selection of friendly attitude free boys. Across bridge from Sheraton Hotel. Thoroughly recommended" you can find lots more about gay Thailand on Thaivisa.com

Some of your information seems to be a bit dated.

Last I heard, Adam's Apple was closed for good (it was closed this past October and November).

As concerns the Jakpot Bar (within the string of bars across the soi/alley behind the D-2 Hotel), it was closed last October. The owner (Wat) reopened a new bar (King Dragon or Dragon King, I forget which) in the first slot on the right (north) next to the soi - right across from another relatively new

bar (I forget the name). The old Jakpot space was to be reopened by Ali (a prior manager at Jakpot)

as a girly bar but I'm not sure if that's flown as yet.

I do agree with the comments about One2Come. Nicest facility for male massages in CM.

The SOHO bar (almost right across the street from the Kad Suan Kaew/Centran shopping mall) is a nice place to stop by for a drink and chat. Music level is low (i.e., you can actually carry on a conversation with people) and place is pretty well furnished. Don't go there if you're expecting to see a show or to off somebody, it's just a nice quiet gay bar.

Well, that was a very good report Wiggy.

I forgive you ... 1/3 of your Sins. ;)

Only 1/3? Damm, he still has about 503,000 sins to go. :)

My Dear Mr. Wig,

You arre right. It needs updating. I'll do that on my next trip to Thailand. I plan to spend a few weeks in Chiang Mai and I'll work hard on getting all the info right. Thank you so much for your help!

Adams Apple just was closed last year august because i stayed there in CNX. Chiang Mai was really boring --only house of male was ok. In circle pub i took gintonic but no gin inside for 150 baht. There was no sorry only everything ok you have to pay.

Chiang Mai was really boring --only house of male was ok.

For those that don't know much about Chiangmai, I can understand how it could be boring. Not to me.

I spend 90%+ of my vacation time in LOS in Chiangmai and will be there again the end of next week.

If by boring you mean a lack of gogo bars such as in Bangkok, Pattaya, or Phuket, then you're right.

I understand that most of the boards relate mostly to Pattaya and I've enjoyed many visits there; however, after about 3 days, it's just a bit too intense for me and I long to head back north.

To each his own but, to me, Chiangmai is a lot closer to a real Thai city than the doings of Pattaya or Phuket (which to me seem to primarily exist to serve the falang patrons). Visit the temples (especially Wat Doi Suthep), Doi Inthanon, Chiangrai, Doi Tung; get a real Thai massage at a place like the Olde Thai Medicine Hospital; walk around the city and the markets; spend a day wandering around the wood shops of Ban Tawai; take a dinner cruise on the Ping River; etc., etc.

Hey, it's great to get laid....but that still leaves a lot of the day to live and learn and enjoy.

does LMTU/Earwig have a new alias on another forum or is this another of those uncredited cut and pastes?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...0entry1221984

Post by Paagai 2007-03-28 04:59:38

Chiang Mai list is disapointingly out of date too. I thought its time someone corrected this so the following is a current update to the original Chiang Mai content (March 2007) if its of interest to anyone. Info based on comments from friends (mainly Thai) and some personal knowledge:

bkkguy

Guest pete1969

I really like CM as well. I look forward to spending more time there on my next visit. There is SOOO much to do in CM and in the North.

The three go-go bars I went to were a bit odd compared to BKK and Phuket as there was no real go-go (more like a host bar) and some fairly lame shows. However, the guys were cute and friendly, and the BF and I offed two really hot guys. I did not make it to the night market or the night market bars. I also have heard that the saunas and the massage shops are where the hottest boys work in CM.

CM is ranked by Conde Nast readers as one of the top five cities in the world for travel (Bkk is also in that list) and Frommers has ranked it as the #1 value city in the world. I kind of wonder why CM is not a much bigger destination for gay men.

Also, is go-go allowed in CM? The reason I ask is because when I was there, there were no go-go dancers or boys in briefs in the bars where I went (New My Way, Circle, and Free Guy)? All the boys to be offed were all fully dressed except for some shirtless modeling during the show at New My Way. Heck, they have go-go boys in the two gay bars in Chiang Rai, so I expected the same in Chiang Mai. Maybe Bob or someone has an answer to this.

Oh, and BTW, CM has IMO, the best gay guesthouse in LOS in PJs Place.

Pete

Guest ear wig

Its called mental simulation slap them round the face and some times you can even wake up the dead.

As least it caught your Interest there is a big void about Chiang Mai many people craving for Information so if your there any time let us all know don't keep it to yourself Pictures Please would be am,azing

Your right as it says Adams Apple has been bought by a falang from Pattaya and is opening again soon.

Guest buaseng

does LMTU/Earwig have a new alias on another forum or is this another of those uncredited cut and pastes?

Probably the latter! He has, after all, previous form for plagiarising other people's work as his own.

Guest GaySacGuy

How do you separate the wheat from the straw??? It seems like so much BS.

I was in Chaing Mai in October, which isn't too recent, but Adam's Apple was closed, and several of the staff were working at Free Guys. The New My Way was functioning, but had very few boys. None of the clubs show the boys like Pattaya, Bnngkok, and Phuket. They wander around the club fully dressed in long pants much of the time, and it is hard to tell who's who. They have no numbers like other areas. The "host" bars near the night market were very quiet.

But it is a nice area, with some great restaruants and great areas to tour. I would reccomend it highly for a place to take you boyfriend with you to visit.

Pete, I'm probably don't really know about the "go-go" scene in CM as I rarely go to any of them. When Adam's Apple was open, it certainly had the raunchiest (or, depending on your point of view, nicest) shows around. I recall one evening my CM bf and I went there and they were having an impromtu "big cock" show. Two of the approximately 8 boys were average sized bodies (thai-wise) but had biggest units I had ever seen. I can still see my bf's eyes bulging at that sight (it was about that time I leaned over to him, pointed at the two chinese-looking boys, and asked him if we should join the show - after a moment of fright, he about fell off the stool laughing as, complared to the two boys, we're third graders....).

In years past, when Coffee Boy was somewhat operational, it would have a little show on Friday and/or Saturday night but hardly gogo (although somewhat erotic at the time). I keep hearing Coffee Boy is open here and there but I haven't been there in 2 years and haven't seen any activity when driving by the place (which isn't that often really).

I was in (I think) Circle Pub once and they were dancing and doing somewhat of a show. But nothing like the shows in Pattaya or even Bangkok.

All of the bars around the night market area are simply bars somewhat imitating host bars elsewhere (but without uniforms, numbers or being obviously that way in any regard).

I arrive in CM in one week and, given a British buddy of mine is there now, I suspect we'll be out and about a bit. If I learn anything new, I'll post some news when I get home at the end of April.

Complete article by another poster lifted by Earwig from Thaivisa, and represented as all his own work, again and again and again. He couldn't even spell Chiang Mai on his own. Some expert!

Considering the fact that the very same poster has done this before on this board, and was caught, are you surprised?

"You can fool all of the people some of the time and you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time." - Abraham Lincoln

"You can fool all of the people some of the time and you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time." - Abraham Lincoln

Honest Abe. Good man! :)

You mean that there are 2 people with that same writing style?

Well, at least when he starts teaching Spanish in Phuket at a French school for American expats, he will have some starter info. :)

Guest kenrfc

Complete article by another poster lifted by Earwig from Thaivisa, and represented as all his own work, again and again and again. He couldn't even spell Chiang Mai on his own. Some expert!

If you look carefully he did append comments to the original article's points.

Even without all the proper attributions I figured out pretty quick what he was doing.

Considering the fact that the very same poster has done this before on this board, and was caught, are you surprised?

No I am not surprised. I wasn't surprised last time, in fact I originally pointed out that the original message in question was clearly not Earwig's work. I am surprised that on this occasion you have allowed the post without even giving credit to the author of every word.

How would you feel if you had taken a lot of trouble to compile information in a post, then someone took it and posted on another message board, representing your work as their own.

You mean that there are 2 people with that same writing style?

Sadly there are many millions around the world who are illiterate. I guess that not many make it into the fat farms!

No I am not surprised. I wasn't surprised last time, in fact I originally pointed out that the original message in question was clearly not Earwig's work. I am surprised that on this occasion you have allowed the post without even giving credit to the author of every word.

Whoa! Hold the phone! I hope you don't think for even an instant that I am supportive of EarWig's plagiarism, or anything else about EarWig for that matter, in any way, shape, or form. I think I need to remind that I am not the owner of this board. GayThailand is the owner of this board. I'm only a moderator and GayThailand's decisions supercede mine, whether I agree with him or not.

If I had my way, EarWig and all of his nonsense would have been gone from this board long ago. But it is not my board and I don't get to have my way when it comes to EarWig. As far as I'm concerned, from among every post I have ever seen from EarWig or LetMeTellU or anything else he calls himself, I've seen maybe two or three that I ever thought were worth a damn. This plagiarized post is definitely not among them.

GayThailand makes the rules here, not I. He and I agree on most things, but not when it comes to EarWig. Other than that, GayThailand and I get along just fine. Earwig apparently has GayThailand's admiration. As for me, EarWig has only my contempt.

Guest wowpow

Gaythailand has the right idea. Ignore earwigs annoying aggrandizing foolishnesses planned to cause upset. It's no big deal to omit a credit but it is very naughty. However it does enliven the board.

I suggest a mock crucifiction in Krazy Dragon - twice nightly entitled Earwig of Pattaya King of the News.

============================

Am I the only one who finds the publication of the differences in opinion of the moderators rather unsavoury and sort of disloyal? Oh sorry just the one.

I'm sure that Gaybutton is quite capable of coping with difficult positions without loosing any sleep.

==================================

'Chaig Mai' - pronounced Shag Moi? I think that Chiang is a most often mis-spelled word.

It's no big deal to omit a credit but it is very naughty. However it does enliven the board.

That's where you and I differ. I think it is a very big deal to omit a credit, especially when the omission is designed to intentionally deceive and try to take credit for someone else's work. If you had taken the time to do research, write it up, and post it, how much would you appreciate seeing it appear on another board and seeing EarWig, or anyone else, trying to take credit for it?

I also disagree with you about enlivening the board. If the board needs enlivening, do you truly believe that deliberate deception ought to be considered a means by which to do it? Personally, I'd rather see a board on which readers can depend on people trying to post reliable, accurate, useful information, obtained honestly and legitimately, with credit being given where it is due. If that makes a board less lively, then I'll take less lively. If this board is truly in need of livening up, I see no reason for any of it to come from EarWig's constant crap.

GB, thanks for explaining. Disappointing that the owner of this board endorses misrepresetation and plagiarism, that must really put you in a difficult position.

LOL. If that is the case, I must also endorse nasty and bitchy as many of your posts are both. :)

Earwig apparently has GayThailand's admiration. As for me, EarWig has only my contempt.

Well, he is often so loud he gets everyone's attention. I also think he is one of the funniest men I have ever met. I have never started a fan club for him but I do enjoy his company. I also enjoy the company of Gaybutton and many others with totally different personalities. I see nothing wrong with that. To each his own. :)

Guest ear wig

Considering my answers rarly see the light of day Ill try to tell you what you have missed?

Oh dear Gaybutton loves it when he thinks he can put the boot in with me considering he is the top ten of most hated on the forums he should know who is a apain in the neck, strange you dont write on 'sawatdee' because you know your get a bucket full of Insults, you think you can make me in your league but unfortunately your silly games dont work with me, I know queens around the world and I know they hate some one more popular then them who can see threough them like glass.

You must all be blind it quite clearly says at the bottom of the page quote "you can find lots more about gay Thailand on Thaivisa.com" I also added that you can see it from my signature at the bottom of my post!!! but because Gaythailand wants to play silly billies conveniently did not allow it to be visible, as he has me on naughty boy status, surely the 10 days are up now GB incase I write and show him up for what he is, as every one knows, "a control freak" so if this post sees the light of day, it will be a miracle as GB never wants me to be one up on him, or write my side of the story.

Now that would never do.

As for writing the article about gay Chiang Mai Im sorry dont totally insult me, even I can write better then that, I just thought it would be a thought provoking article, so if any one who happens to be in Chiang Mai, they can then write the real latest Information about there trip with photos also, at least I write from my personal events and not Hedda/GB style, "read from the daily News services then change the words to there own" any one can do that.

Gaybuttom reminds me of a traffic warden give her a bit of power and she thinks she should own the joint, thank god for a very normal owner or as we saw on The Gaybutton Forum, no one would be writing on here but Gaybuitton, taking to himself again, must be horrid to have to get rid of any competition, just so you can sound Interesting what a bore? copy to GT.