BigK

Movie Recommendation C.R.A.Z.Y

• Members

I loved this movie. The use a music throughout was inspired. I found the following review on Netflix (where you can view the movie on line with your Netflix membership) much better written than I could ever do:

"Excellent! The first gay movie I've seen in a long time that deals with an important and overlooked theme - the father/gay son relationship. THE SUM OF US (w/ Russell Crowe as the gay son) does, but I found that to be more of a sit-com. I loved C.R.A.Z.Y. because I felt it was one of the truest late 20th century, pre-AIDS coming of age/coming out movies I have EVER seen. Honest, wickedly funny, irreverent, poignant, and often surprising. Probably I am biased because for me it's immensely personal. The movie reflected everything that I dealt with as a teen and as a young man in my 20s: Catholic upbringing, self-loathing, wishing desperately (praying even!) not to be gay in order to please one's parents, and the eventual epiphany that allowed me to accept myself as is. And this story is so well done that it is amazingly universal. I grew up in a snobby Connecticut suburb. Quebec doesn't seem that different from my hometown. Finally, any movie that depicts shotgun-style pot smoking as a homo-erotic turn-on earns major points with me as well. This is well worth viewing and I'd say mandatory for any gay man who was a teen in the 1970s."

I felt, as the reviewer observed that the movie was immensely personal to me. I fit the age demographic as well. I highly recommend this movie.

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/C.R.A.Z.Y./70...94?trkid=226871

Did anyone else enjoy this movie?

• Members

I enjoyed this movie very much also. It was given to me as a gift by 3 Quebec boys who I met in Unity. It has special meaning in Montreal because it was an original Quebec production, and also because the family situations portrayed in the movie are apparently quite realistic amd well portrayed.

It doesnt hurt that Marc-Andre Grondin is very hot!

Guest havan

Did anyone else enjoy this movie?

I thought that this was a WONDERFUL film. One of the best that I've seen in years. The music was great as well. Unfortunately the music rights have made this an expensive DVD to own.

The scene in church where our "hero" gets lifted out of his seat to the strains of Sympathy for the Devil is etched in my mind.

His Bowie number is excellent as well.

And you're right. The main character is a HOTTIE.