Guest BenLA

Economics of street prostitution

• Members
There must be a Jared Diamond book to be written on this. The Sow's Teat.

Or is that a pub in Hoxton & Shoreditch?

large.jpg

“Only then could Aspar White, the bitter but brave forester who guarded King William's wild forest, be allowed to retire to the Sow's Teat, a tavern where the beer was plentiful, the serving wench sharp-tongued but comely, and a wild boar turned on a spit.â€

In the north of England, they make endless jokes about the southern Scottish hillsides being populated by blue-eyed sheep. :o

Reminds me of the old wheeze about the two cowboys out riding when they notice a sheep with its head stuck in the fence.

They jump off their horses, and the older cowboy makes a beeline toward the fence. He drops his pants and gives the sheep a good pounding from behind.

As he saunters back toward his horse, the younger cowboy says, “Gosh! That looks like fun! Mind if I try?â€

The older cowboy says, “Sure, go ahead!â€

So the younger cowboy walks over next to the sheep, drops his pants, bends over and sticks his head through the fence.

Damage done, I’m slinking off to the pub, apologetic and ashamed for my part in highjacking this at once erotic and erudite thread. My only hope will be that Ben’s schedule is so fully booked that he’ll barely be able to squeeze me in next time he’s in San Francisco. :P

Guest LeoWalker

I have just one thing to comment on:

The transaction-level data we collected suggests that street prostitution yields an

average wage of $27 per hour.

:o