TotallyOz

The Best Hotel Gyms in the USA

One of the things I have worked hard on this year is getting into shape. It is a constant struggle. I find when I travel that I have the hardest time keeping with my regime. Living in a hotel for a period of time always throws off the body and of course you eat differently than you do at home. It is a hard adjustment for me. I saw this list which is great and also found a new website for traveling. Both links are below.

1. Houstonian (Houston)

2. Renaissance ClubSport (Walnut Creek, CA)*

3. Park Hyatt at Bellevue (Philadelphia)

4. Four Seasons (San Francisco)

5. Embassy Suites Lakefront (Chicago)

6. Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine (La Jolla, CA)*

7. Westin Atlanta Perimeter North (Atlanta)*

8. Grand Hotel (Minneapolis)

9. Broadmoor (Colorado Springs)*

10. Venetian (Las Vegas)

http://www.gaywired.com/article.cfm?section=70&id=17546

http://www.athleticmindedtraveler.com/

The Lakeshore Athletic Club is indeed a full service gym here in town. One of the (few) reasons I stay at the downtown Embassy Suites when I travel to New York is the free New York Sports Club that is part of the retail development the hotel is located in. It is free to guests who are willing to obtain the secret back door passcode from the frontdesk and then follow a confusing maze of signs throughout the hotel and retail complex to an unmarked entrance. Even if you're not a guest, just act like you are and they'll give you the code.

I miss the old NYSC (especially the steam room and sauna) at 23rd and Eighth Avenue. It was quite a place to spend a few hours early in the evening before heading home.