Guest StuCotts

Damages

Guest StuCotts

The series ended this week. Anybody who didn't see it missed a good 'un. It was crowded with heavies representing myriad levels of criminality and sleaze in business, lawyering and policing, and it had more plot twists than Carter had little liver pills. I was enthralled.

It was on FX, which I understand doesn't make a practice of repeating series as some other cable channels do. Pity. I guess it will eventualy be put out on DVD.

A second season is planned.

• Members
The series ended this week. Anybody who didn't see it missed a good 'un. It was crowded with heavies representing myriad levels of criminality and sleaze in business, lawyering and policing, and it had more plot twists than Carter had little liver pills. I was enthralled.

It was on FX, which I understand doesn't make a practice of repeating series as some other cable channels do. Pity. I guess it will eventualy be put out on DVD.

A second season is planned.

Great series. I was a bit disappointed with the final episode as it wrapped some complicated plots up a bit too quickly. However, it left more than enough loose ends to spawn another series. Where did you learn of the follow on?

Guest StuCotts
Great series. I was a bit disappointed with the final episode as it wrapped some complicated plots up a bit too quickly. However, it left more than enough loose ends to spawn another series. Where did you learn of the follow on?

You mean the second season? I read about it, but honestly don't remember where. I hope it's true, exactly because of the loose ends you mention.

This was one of my favorite shows this season. I loved Glen Close and the plot was interesting. The shift back and forth in time was great to watch and keep me yearning for the answers to all my questions. The last episode really did sum things up great! I do think that there are many loose ends that need to be tied up and I look forward to a second season.

The show did remind me of another show I loved called Murder 1. Not sure if many of you remember that but I saw several similarities.

Looking forward to seeing what happens once the duel between The Gingham Dog and the Calico Cat return to the same office.

• Members

The show did remind me of another show I loved called Murder 1. Not sure if many of you remember that but I saw several similarities.

I was captivated by Murder One. IMO as good a TV show I as I ever encountered. I was really bummed when they 'discontinued it'. Not the first time the TV execs have screwed me over and certainly not the last time either.

Guest StuCotts
I was captivated by Murder One. IMO as good a TV show I as I ever encountered. I was really bummed when they 'discontinued it'. Not the first time the TV execs have screwed me over and certainly not the last time either.

Murder One is definitely high on the list. It was, among other things, the show where I discovered Donna Murphy could do more than musicals (her too-brief turn in Damages was also brilliant), where I fell in love with Stanley Tucci's acting and in lust with everything else about him.

I can't count how many shows I loved were yanked untimely. Among the dozens were two series starring Carla Gugino: Karen Sisco and especially Threshold; Jeffrey Donovan's Touching Evil; Adrian Pasdar's Profit. After a while I began to wonder whether my liking a show was the equivalent of the kiss of death. As you say, we'll live to be frustrated again. And again.

Guest StuCotts
Thanks for the good news. ^_^

I'll have to take your word for it as I won't surrender my email address to the NYT as trubute to enter their online halls. :

Oh? Is there something more sinister about the Times than I'm aware of?

No more so than any other entity soliciting email addresses online without apparent reason I suspect.

I signed up for the Times years ago and have never gotten spam from them. But, I also use e-mails online that are not checked daily and gmail has the best spam protection IMHO. They may use it when I log in to keep track of the kind of articles I read, I doubt that.

It is a daily check for me each AM, along with CNN, BCC and TMZ. ^_^

Guest StuCotts
I signed up for the Times years ago and have never gotten spam from them. But, I also use e-mails online that are not checked daily and gmail has the best spam protection IMHO. They may use it when I log in to keep track of the kind of articles I read, I doubt that.

It is a daily check for me each AM, along with CNN, BCC and TMZ. ^_^

Right. I can't think of one even slightly negative thing that may have come from my subscription to the Times newspaper or website. To be fair, I'll say that my largely spam-free existence may be due at least in part to my subscription to Symantec's Norton system.