TotallyOz

Sweet and Low

• Members
I have been trying different kinds of sweetners. I seem to like Sweet and Low the best but there are many out there. What are the pros anc cons of them? Anyone out there done research on these things?

I have a good friend who was helping out a boy from time to time with necessity payments, though he always tried to resist dishing it out for extravagant shopping trips.

The boy told him once.... all my friends have sugar daddies and I am stuck with sweet and low! lol ^_^

Guest Conway

I'm always a little hesitant about artificial sweeteners like that. I remember, as a kid, the FDA yanking sweet and low from the market due to cancer concerns. That thought always sticks in the back of my mind though the products have been returned to the market.

Some folks I know who follow a low carb (thus low sugar) diet swear by Stevia, a sweetener made from a South American Plant. it too has attracted the attention of the FDA. But, it can now be bought in the US legally- mostly in vitamin and health food stores.

If you want to learn a bit more about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia

Guest eastburbguy
I'm always a little hesitant about artificial sweeteners like that. I remember, as a kid, the FDA yanking sweet and low from the market due to cancer concerns. That thought always sticks in the back of my mind though the products have been returned to the market.

Some folks I know who follow a low carb (thus low sugar) diet swear by Stevia, a sweetener made from a South American Plant. it too has attracted the attention of the FDA. But, it can now be bought in the US legally- mostly in vitamin and health food stores.

If you want to learn a bit more about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia

In my experience, stevia is a perfectly safe and effective alternative to other sweeteners.

As for this: < I remember, as a kid, the FDA yanking sweet and low from the market due to cancer concerns. > the current FDA "oversight" has recently given us Chinese pet food, Chinese pork, Chinese chicken, Chinese seafood, Chinese toys with lead, etc., etc., etc. The FDA is badly broken, and I wouldn't rely on anything they say.

At the fitness camp I was at recently, they only had Stevia as a sweetner for the Green Tea. They did not offer any of the other stuff. They were mostly a vegetarian place and they really believed in whole natural foods.

I asked for some last night at a Hyatt I was at and they didn't know what it was. I guess it is not too popular.