TownsendPLocke

Micky's in WeHo is on fire-really!

• Members

It will reopen.Whether it will reopen as Micky's is the question!

The property has been on the Market for 2 years(the owners want 10.5 million!)so I don't know if it will reopen under it's current guise or will become one of the trendy "lounges"(ugh)that are popular in WeHo these days.

According to Expat there will be an appriciation party at 11(one of those Louge type places I detest) this Friday night for the displaced workers.

• Members

Commercial fires are always suspect.But in this instance it is(for the time being)blamed on a short in the AC system.

Hey-wasn't the Stock Fire blamed on the AC system also? :P

If it was arson(which I have no way of knowing) the arsonist was a real amatur and a fool.Starting a fire during opperating hours-in the middle of the day,,,,not how these things are usually done.

• Members
Commercial fires are always suspect.But in this instance it is(for the time being)blamed on a short in the AC system.

Hey-wasn't the Stock Fire blamed on the AC system also? :P

If it was arson(which I have no way of knowing) the arsonist was a real amatur and a fool.Starting a fire during opperating hours-in the middle of the day,,,,not how these things are usually done.

Yes, the Unity/Stock fire was also blamed on repairs to the AC. It also began during the day (at about noon).

I also agree with you that I have absolutely no indication it was arson... I just raised the question due to the desire but inability to sell which you mentioned. And I would think that an arsonist who is only interested in insurance collections would start a fire when lives would not be lost ... which for clubs like Unity, Stock, Micky's, etc would be in the daytime.

I guess by nature I can just be a suspicious guy. I wondered about the same issue for the Stock/Unity fire...but they worked furiously and rebuilt both, so my theory was up in smoke.... no errr pun intended. ^_^