TotallyOz

Fitness Ridge Resort and Spa

I had family affairs to take care of for 2 weeks and was unable to work out or eat right. As some of you know, I have lost a lot of weight since Dec and I want to continue on the same track. Since I was helping family moved, my exercise was zero and my food habits were horrible as I helped them move over 1k miles and had to pack and unpack more boxes than I have ever seen in my life.

I had put on a few pounds and since I hadn’t been to the gym in 2 weeks, I wanted a quick start to get back to track. I decided to book 2 weeks at Fitness Ridge in St. George, Utah. It is a resort spa that has a great fitness program and a 1200 calorie daily diet. The program is built mostly around hikes in the beautiful mountains around the area. We were hiking everything from the remote areas that are not in the guide books to the trails at Zion National Park. The workout rooms are amazing and several very enjoyable classes including Living Drums an aerobic tribal drumming class.

I just checked out of my stay there and was there for almost 2 weeks. In total, I lost 15 pounds. I was very happy with the results of the program. The exercises are geared toward every level. The staff was excellent and friendly. The massage therapists were amazing. It was a nice blend of fitness with pampering. They have a brand new facility. It was very well built and the people I met were amazing. It is not a gay resort but I had a blast and I am about as open as anyone I know. Hopefully, I'll find me a cute boy that will want to go and exercise with me one day. ^_^

The website is: http://www.fitnessridge.com I highly recommend them!

Oz

• Members
I just checked out of my stay there and was there for almost 2 weeks.

Oz

Congratulations on losing more weight! It's really a wonderful thing.

Of course, those that know you well are waiting for the answer to the real question...

Now that you have left Utah, where will you go and call home now? ^_^

Congratulations on losing more weight! It's really a wonderful thing.

Of course, those that know you well are waiting for the answer to the real question...

Now that you have left Utah, where will you go and call home now? ^_^

LOL. Well, home today is Las Vegas. A few days in the Sin City with a few Cirque shows and then maybe a trip to New York City for a week. The big question will be what happens the week after New York. I do have Club 117 on my mind. ^_^

Hurry up and get Rio out of the way.

Then you can meet Dev and I in your real home of Thailand.

Lot of new shopping centers for all those new clothes you need to buy.

haha. Hard to get Rio off my mind. Actually, just hard thinking about Rio. ^_^

I do love Thailand the most as you know as I feel safe and secure everywhere I go. But, I have always said I like the sex with the Brazilians more. My first bf was a Brazilian heartthrob and I have always had a thing for Brazilians and PR's. ^_^

I did hear the new malls in Thailand are amazing. I was able to test a few of them out and it was fun. I really enjoyed looking around in the shops at Ceasar's Palace last night. I also saw KA again and remembered why I feel in love with it in the first placfe.

I had a boy last night that was fun and sweet. I just could not tell if he was sober when it showed up or left. ^_^ Perhaps that was his personality. Not sure. Review to come. ;)

Guest Conway

Boy, I've been in exactly the same boat recently, Oz. In my own self evaluation, one of the things that I learned about myself is that I tend to overeat as a reaction to stress. I work in the finance industry, and needless to say, with the meltdown of the US residential housing market the past few months, stress is at an all time high for me right now.

I was hitting the office candy jar with a vengeance the past few weeks and my occasional treats were becoming regular bad habits for me again. I decided to take Friday off and seclude myself in a remote mountain location with no cell phones, no internet, no email and no television for three days.

To entertain myself, I took great strenuous hikes that I can never duplicate here in the midwest due to the flat terrain. I ate well because all I took with me were GI Diet approved foods and dropped five pounds in three days.

This week, I'm starting Nutrisystem with the goal of dropping ten more pounds by the beginning of my two week vacation to Mexico in early October.

Getting to the gym won't be a problem as I have befriended this adorable twenty year old South American soccer player who likes to workout with a driven partner. I had a bit of trouble hiding my own enthusiasm with working out with him tonight...if you know what I'm saying. I seem to have the sex drive of a twenty year old again myself.

Conway, thanks for the post. I have learned a lot from your experiences. I agree thta it is important to get away from it all from time to time to get into better shape and get your fitness level back to par. There are so many places out there that are available to us that it is not such a hard thing to do. Congrats on your success and keep it up.

I would be curious why you chose Nutri System?

Guest Conway

I chose Nutrisystem for portion control and a good ratio of protein to carbs. I tend to eat protein portions that are too big if left to my own designs. I Actually chose the program for diabetics to keep the sugar and simple carb intake low.

I'm not sold. But, I felt like I needed to work on getting my eating habits more disciplined. Nutrisystem is just a tool to try to do that.

I looked at your spa experience. I'm always looking for a way to escape Chicago in the winter. Maybe it would be a nice place to spend a few weeks next winter.