Guest phil200bongo

Flights

Guest phil200bongo

Hi guys

How easy is it to book a flight from Bangkok (new airport) to Phuket on day of arrival? and do i have to leave main airport?

Many thanks

Phil

How easy is it to book a flight from Bangkok (new airport) to Phuket on day of arrival? and do i have to leave main airport?

There are flights to Phuket from Bangkok every hour and several airlines have service between the two cities, so it should not be a problem for you. You also should not have to leave the main airport. Most domestic flights are still operating out of Suvarnabhumi.

I've had trouble before in getting a quick flight to Chiangmai when I arrive in Bangkok (and once had to wait about 5 hours and only business class was available) so I always book ahead.

Up to you but I wouldn't wait until you get to Bangkok to book the flight. Do it over the internet ahead of time - it's easy - and you'll get the flight you want.

Guest wowpow

Now that we are moving out of high season there should be little difficulty in getting a flight to Phuket. The slight problem with booking ahead is if you book a budget airline and then have a delay you miss you flight and there is no refund.

I would, personally, only consider going straight onto a domestic flight after a short flight from elsewhere. I like to travel with ease and enjoy a night in Bangkok.

I have heard that Nok Air are moving their domestic flights back to Dom Muang later this month which is sad as they were the best of the budget airlines. Air Asia and One to Go are the others plus of course expensive full service airlines such as Bangkok Air and Thai. Only airlines registered in Thailand are allowed domestic flights.

Here is a typical day:

Tuesday 20 March Last updated

One-Two-Go 07:00-08:20 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 1,750.00 THB

Air Asia 07:20-08:45 Bangkok Phuket (1 day) 1,423.25 THB

Nok Air 07:30-08:50 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 1,265.00 THB

Nok Air 10:00-11:20 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 1,565.00 THB

One-Two-Go 10:40-12:00 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 1,750.00 THB

Air Asia 10:50-12:15 Bangkok Phuket (1 day) 1,624.50 THB

Bangkok Airways 11:45-13:05 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 2,991.75 THB

Nok Air 13:30-14:50 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 1,565.00 THB

One-Two-Go 14:35-15:55 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 1,750.00 THB

Nok Air 14:50-16:10 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 1,265.00 THB

Air Asia 15:55-17:15 Bangkok Phuket (1 day) 1,423.25 THB

Nok Air 16:35-17:55 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 1,365.00 THB

Bangkok Airways 17:30-18:50 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 2,991.75 THB

Air Asia 18:45-20:05 Bangkok Phuket (1 day) 1,423.25 THB

Nok Air 18:50-20:10 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 1,265.00 THB

One-Two-Go 20:15-21:35 Bangkok Phuket (2 days) 1,750.00 THB

Air Asia 21:10-22:30 Bangkok Phuket (1 day) 1,624.50 THB

http://www.skyscanner.net

Guest CurlyEye

I like Air Asia's planes for comfort. The seats were comparatively nice and the cabin was clean inside. As I recall, they have arena seating, and I am not a fan of that.

I would have to be really desparate to use One Two Go again. Took them to Phuket last year. Both flights, comng and going were extremely late leaving. 1-2 hours. The return flight was delayed by some engine problem that forced them to do some lengthy run up tests on one engine while all the passengers sat aboard waiting to leave.

Nok Air at the time would not allow me to buy a ticket on line from inside Thailand with a visa card that was issued by a bank from outside Thailand. That eliminated them since I have no visa card issued by a Thai bank.

Bangkok Air is way more expensive, but I would pay the extra to fly them before I personally would fly One Two Go again.

All in all, my first choice would be Air Asia, unless I buy a ticket on Nok Air before arriving Thailand.

Guest pete1969

I've had problems booking the flight to Phuket the day I wanted at the time I wanted even when trying to make a reservation days before I arrived in LOS. This was in May!

Do yourself a favor and just book the ticket before you arrive. The flight is only 1 hour 20 minutes. For direct flights to Phuket after a long International flight, I like to pay the extra baht for a business class seat on Thai.

You can get a flight on day of arrival, but there is a good chance you will have to wait until later in the day.

Pete