TotallyOz

Do diet foods lead to weight gain?

This has been a topic of conversation amoung many of us who struggle to loose weight. The article below talks about some diet foods and the gain or loss of pounds with them.

Right now I am at a Spa outside of Vegas for a month. It is a detox retreat. 1200 calories a day diet and all whole natural foods. They don't let anything chemical or artificial into the body. So far, my energy level has increased greatly. It is mostly vegetarian menu with an occassional taste of fish or chicked once a week. I'll certaintly report more on it after my month here but so far I like what I see and what I've experienced.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,...00.html?cnn=yes

Guest Conway

I have to say that one of the keys to my own weight loss has been the elimination of diet coke and other processed foods in favor of water and non-processed foods from my diet. I still allow myself and low fat ice cream splurge from time to time. But, find that, when I focus on simple whole, unprocessed foods, high in protein and natural sources of anti-oxidants, the weight tends to drop quickly whereas I struggle when I work in the pint of extra light ice cream in a week.