TotallyOz

Sao Paulo plane crash

• Members

I have never been to South America but I still grieve for all the victims of this accident. I thank you for not jumping to conclusions about the state of air travel or the state of ATC in Brazil. They have problems but also enough problems without "others" jumping on their backs.

We can never be totally safe from "modern" conveniences and that includes travel via the airlines. We have to accept that "some" risk is worth the reward, meaning short travel times.

We do this every day, whether we acknowledge it or not, by driving to work or cutting the grass or riding a bike in traffic or using electricity or gas to make our lives easier and more convenient. We just don't think about the risks. Air travel has almost reached that level but it never will, just as their will always be home fires, etc. The point being we can never eliminate risk from our lives, especially if we are not willing to accept no convenience.

I can tell you how to have absolutely no airline or aircraft accidents; ground and never fly again any aircraft. You don't agree or want that? Then you have to realize and accept the (limited) risks.

Thanks,

RA1

Guest Conway

It is a horrible accident that will once again raise the discussions of the viability of Cohongas as a viable airport. GRU has the capacity to handle all of Sao Paulo's air travel. But, it is inconvenient for many due to its distance from the center of the city.

It is a horrible accident that will once again raise the discussions of the viability of Cohongas as a viable airport. GRU has the capacity to handle all of Sao Paulo's air travel. But, it is inconvenient for many due to its distance from the center of the city.

I agree. Having flown into that from Rio city it was so much easier to get around and to the hotel. Sao Paulo is one of the largest cities on earth. They need as many airports as NYC or at least 2 really good ones IMHO.