Guest StuCotts

Necessity of logging in

Guest StuCotts

Briefly, I logged in yesterday in order to post. I did my thing and logged off. This morning I'm back to the forums, and find that my log off didn't take. I am now able to post on the strength of yesterday's log in, without starting again from scratch and without the top of the page telling me Welcome, though my screen name shows on the bottom of the page as a user.

I don't consider this a problem, but I do wonder if I am logged in for life and will never have to go through the exercise again.

Is anybody else experiencing the same thing?

Briefly, I logged in yesterday in order to post. I did my thing and logged off. This morning I'm back to the forums, and find that my log off didn't take. I am now able to post on the strength of yesterday's log in, without starting again from scratch and without the top of the page telling me Welcome, though my screen name shows on the bottom of the page as a user.

I don't consider this a problem, but I do wonder if I am logged in for life and will never have to go through the exercise again.

Is anybody else experiencing the same thing?

I only have it when I don't log off. The log off time for the forum was changed. When you logged off, did you do so at the top of the site?

Guest StuCotts
I only have it when I don't log off. The log off time for the forum was changed. When you logged off, did you do so at the top of the site?

I frankly don't remember. Based on what you say, I'll make a point of it from now on. Thanks.

P.S. The log off time really has changed. I'm still working from my log in of day before yesterday.