TotallyOz

IPnone Review

Well, having played with mine for a while now, I can honestly say that the gadget is incredible. I have really enjoyed it.

First, you don't get your phone number or activate the phone at the ATT store. You only get a box and you hook the phone up to your ITunes and follow the directions to activate the phone, get your number, and choose a plan. I have always done this inside the store but now, with the Iphone it is all on line.

The battery has lasted a long time and no issues there. So far I have not ran out of the battery power. I have used it many times and played on the internet with it and it never got low on me. I was in Best Buy with a friend and my phone rang and all the guys who work the electronics wanted to see the phone. It does draw attention where ever you go and people are amazed when they see what all it does. I had initially went to the store just to see one but they had none on display and said you can't see one unless you buy one so I did.

The camera is good but not great. The photos I took were clear and sharp and as soon as I connected to my computer, they were upload to IPhoto.

The Internet on it is better than I have seen on most networks but not as fast as ADSL or cable modem but it will get you there to each page on a OK speed. I was eating at Red Lobster yesterday and I was able to pull in google maps to the location we were at. It was quite amazing.

It also includes UTube and you can watch videos on it.

The e-mail is all syncned with your computer and I have played with the e-mail features and they are all easy to use and to keep track of.

The keyboard is easy to understand and use. Responding to e-mail is a breeze and easier than on a blackberry.

The sound quality is excellent. The screen is sharp and clear and easy to touch.

So, my review of this device is that it is great if you really need to check e-mail often but not a replacement for a laptop. They are an eyecatcher!

They do not have a replacement plan with ATT which I think is sad but I have heard Apple is supposed to start offering them this month. If so, I'll use Apple to insure the phone.

They work great on WiFi networks and when I was in Best Buy, it connected to their network automatically and I was surfing the net fast.

I know it is a first generation gadget but I have found it simply amazing and I love it. ^_^

What I dislike about it is that my regular headphones for the IPod and other devices do not work with this. It is also a different plug than the Ipod which means you have to buy a new car charger and etc. Very stupid on Apple's part.

I still love the device. ^_^