TotallyOz

Don't fly NWA

They are having a slowdown with employees. Too many flights cancelled and all hotels booked in their major hubs. Their site gives some details of this week but it is much worse than that. Give them time to fix this mess before you board any of their flights.

Guest euroskater21
They are having a slowdown with employees. Too many flights cancelled and all hotels booked in their major hubs. Their site gives some details of this week but it is much worse than that. Give them time to fix this mess before you board any of their flights.

Thanks for the heads up. I've been considering NWA as it's part of Sky Team.

I had one experience with NWA - first class domestic and the service was poor.

Any insights into how their international First Class compares to Continental's Business First?

I'm considering airmiles for a trip to AMS and CO are offering NWA flights at the same rate as CO.....

Thanks for the heads up. I've been considering NWA as it's part of Sky Team.

I had one experience with NWA - first class domestic and the service was poor.

Any insights into how their international First Class compares to Continental's Business First?

I'm considering airmiles for a trip to AMS and CO are offering NWA flights at the same rate as CO.....

I fly NWA/KLM many many times a year for international and the first clas flights are fine. CO is fantastic yes, but NWA/KLM is not bad. Try and get a codeshare flight KLM it is much better service and more attentive.

I fly NWA/KLM many many times a year for international and the first clas flights are fine. CO is fantastic yes, but NWA/KLM is not bad. Try and get a codeshare flight KLM it is much better service and more attentive.

I love NWA for World Business Class and sleep very well there. Singapore Airline is better. The NYC to Amsterdam NWA Business is excellent.

My service with NWA in Business has always been great. But, you are listening to somone who gets on the plane, eats dinner, takes a valium and muscle relaxer and sleeps the rest of the trip till time to get up for the next meal. So, I don't really know much about what happens in between. I have rarely had complaints about NWA and I fly them about 200,000 miles a year.

The slowdown I am told is on front page of their website and has to do with executives getting raises and no one else getting them and thus massive call ins for sick. I had friends stuck in Memphis and Detroit yesterday and no planes leaving. Hotels booked. A real pain in the ass.

• Members

NWA has been playing dirty in their negotiations with three of the Unions which form the backbone of the airline.Management has been caught in so many obvious lies and their response has been a childish refusal to negotiate.

This latest tactic is the result of stupid cutbacks and forced overtime during the busiest part of the travel season.They have used up all the hours that 60% of the workforce can work-and guess who suffers-thats right the passengers.

The End of the month being this weekend seemed like a good time to pull this BS stunt.Most of the travellers inconvenienced will be leisure travelers,not the highly valued buisness travelers(most of whom head home on thursdaty night during the summer months-and many of whom will not be traveling for buisness next week because of the Independence Day Holiday)and thus a perfect storm has been created.

I am disgusted with NWA-and I am pissed off as well!I have over 200k miles with them and can never find avilablilty on awards flights-unless I give in to their extortion and pay double the amount of miles I should be asked to pay.

Oh-and did you know that NWA has outsourced part of its fleet maitenance to China?doesn't that put a chill up your backside?

I have not been on a NWA flight since Management started playing these sick and twisted games with their employees and their customers.I know some folks are at the Mercy of NWA(Detroit and Minnapolis)and I feel sorry for them.For those of us that have a choice support the airlines that want our buisness AND ARE WILLING TO TREAT THEIR EMPLOYEES WITH RESPECT!

• Members

I was booked on a NWA flight to the West coast early this week. At the airport I was told my flight was canceled and rescheduled for the next day. I said unaccptable and after much effort they booked me on an American flight thru Dallas. In Dallas there was a pilot problem and I was delayed there and did not get to the West coast until 2:30am when originally I was due at 7pm.

For the reurn I checked online the night before and found my NWA flights again canceled and no rebooking. After 3 tries I got an agent and then after 1 hour he finally got me rebooked, actually on an earlier flight. He said "check your reservation online and you will see you are ok".....WRONG. When I checked I was waitlisted for the flight. I tried to call NWA again and got a busy signal or no answer 6 times. On #7 got thru but waited 30 minutes for an agent. then 30 minutes for him to get a supervisor to override the waitlist and get me comfirmed.

Now to day I sit in an Atlanta hotel because even with a 3 hour connection time I missed my Delta flight to Rio. 2 hours in line for a reschedule to tonight and Delta could not give me a hotel because "no other hotels in the area will accept Delta vouchers". Glad I am Premier at Marriott, they got me a room.

Flying use to be fun but now it just plain sucks....NWA, American, Delta....they all suck (and not in a good way)

Guest Conway

From the perspective of the infrequent flier on Northwest, I must say that they have done little to ever encourage me to return to them. On one flight last summer to Vancouver, they wanted to charge me a premium to sit in an aisle or window seat over and above the ticket price in coach. It was only $15. But, I thought it took a big set of corporate balls to ask such a thing of paying passengers on a flight with plenty of empty seats.

I flew them that one time and promised myself , "Never Again".