TotallyOz

New Sheriff? Mayor? PT Barnum?

I hear there is a new Sheriff in town. No not the one from Bangkok. The one with a British accent and talks fast and writes even faster. Tall sophisticated guy with more stories than Muhammad Ali. I heard he was related to Cindy Adams and Michael Musto. But, I am not sure. Never got confirmation on that one.

This is this what I heard let me be the first to tell you!

" ... Tall sophisticated guy ... "

Well 'tall' anyway.

I have never heard the word 'sophisticated' uttered in the same sentence in reference to LMTU/Earwig/Whoever. Even he ~ I would guess (and hope!) ~ would not be willing to accept such an honour . . . so far distanced from the truth that it is.

Cheers ...

I'm astounded that the owner should open a thread for no other purpose than to condemn demean and belittle another poster. Whilst not actually named, it isn't hard for most readers to see through the thinly disguised description and identify the subject of the owner's derision. Worse still, the owner opens his statement with the remark 'I hear', so we're not even reading fact, merely hearsay. When the owner opens a thread with such remarks, he's in effect inviting and giving free license to further criticisms to be posted. I would have thought the owner above all else should uphold the integrity of the board's code of conduct:

"Gay Thailand membership is restricted to Adults Only. That Message Center members shall be expected to behave as adults is not an undue burden. The expected conduct standard for the Gay Thailand forums is the same as that observed everyday in society by adults in our neighborhoods, towns, and cities. It is based on straightforward mature behavior, civility and courtesy that you find in a neighborhood Pub or Tavern where neighbors and acquaintances joined by occasional strangers come together to socialize in good temper, to share conversation, and to hoist, in moderation, a glass of favorite beer or wine or a cup of coffee or tea.

These forums are NOT presented for abusive arguing and name calling, score settling, thread stalking, or general cyberspace blood sport for the chronically bored."

Guest wowpow

OOh er Mr Dick you are in harsh mode today. Gaythailand wrote nothing unkind unless you think he was being ironic.

I'm not even sure that he was talking about earwig. Mind you I don't know who Cindy Adams and Michael Musto are?

Has kind Mr Gaythailand retained ownership of the board now he has buggered off to do something irresistible?

So many questions and views makes the boards fun for some.

I'm astounded that the owner should open a thread for no other purpose than to condemn demean and belittle another poster.

We must have been reading different posts. Which thread did I condemn or demean another poster?

Mind you I don't know who Cindy Adams and Michael Musto are?

Michael is a great writer for the Village Voice and I have admired him for years. Cindy is also a writer.

Guest pete1969

What an odd post Dick. I can't see how GT demeaned anyone. From what I understand, he and LMTU/EW are friends, and I just gathered he was welcoming him back to LOS. I read the post as something friendly. I'm kind of scratching my head on your reaction to this one.

Pete

My apologies if I offended anyone with my choice of words. But Gay Thailand's opening post about another whose name is not spoken didn't come across to me as either friendly or complimentary. To the contrary I found his tone mocking and derisory.

My point is this: If the 'owner' or 'founder' opens a thread for no other reason than (as appears to me) to mock another, how can he expect the rest of the ethernet posting here to follow the board's published code of conduct? Not the example I would have expected the founder to set. It didn't come across as worthy.

And why the label 'new Sheriff'? Is it intended to suggest the subject of his post is in someway a police or agency informant involved in the current cleanup campaign? Are we meant to wonder whether the subject of his post (whoever he is) was in some way involved in certain establishments being singled out?

"This is what I heard, let me be the first to tell you." Oh Really!

My apologies if I offended anyone with my choice of words. But Gay Thailand's opening post about another whose name is not spoken didn't come across to me as either friendly or complimentary. To the contrary I found his tone mocking and derisory.

Your apology is accepted. Thank you!

And why the label 'new Sheriff'? Is it intended to suggest the subject of his post is in someway a police or agency informant involved in the current cleanup campaign?

Well, I think the full title was New Sheriff? Mayor? PT Barnum? So, no, he is not an agency informant anymore than he is the mayor of London or the head of the Ringling Brothers Circus. But, I can see how you would jump to that conclusion if you were only reading the one word. My apologies to you if I was not clear enough for you. I'll try to make things clearer next time.

"This is what I heard, let me be the first to tell you." Oh Really!

Yes, Really! But, instead of rehashing the original post, let me change it:

I hear the red carpet should be rolled out for the grand dame of Pattaya. The one who brings the most informative news to those of us who dwell outside of the LOS and want to know about the latest bars and goings on in those seedy places in Pattaya. Here is hoping his return brings him great fun and excitement and wonderful stories from afar.

BTW Dick: Just in case I offended him in my original post, I've sent an e-mail to apologize for any misunderstanding. I offer to same to you. You contributions to the gay boards in Thailand is much appreciated and we hope that you continue to help us to improve here.

Thanks GT for the clarification. I realise now your original post was intended entirely another way and not as I read it. Funny how each of us in isolation read things differently, and I can see now how others in the thread thought my post Over The Top. However, I think you know where I was coming from.

But having read you revised post that begins 'I hear the red carpet should be rolled out for the grand dame... I can see I'm not the only one prone to OTT remarks on occasion.

Further apologies unnecessary :p

Guest kenrfc

New Sheriff?

Lets see, what is this movie?

Shane?

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly?

High Noon?

The Unforgiven?

Perhaps the Shootout at the Jomtien Corral as the notorious gunslinger shows up to settle the score with the Australian saloon keeper? :lol: