TotallyOz

Welcome to the New Forum

The new forum software was a much needed change. DCForum stopped supporting its software and there was no way to add or get support for it. After a year, we decided that this board was the way to go but only if we were able to get all the forum topics converted over. We have now done this and we hope you get used to the change. There are many differences and many improvemenets. We will also be adding blogs, and galleries to the forum area. Play around the forums and test things out. Thanks for being a member of the community.

Oz

• Members

So far I really like it. congratulations on a smooth transition.

I have noticed, however, that if you click "reply" it also copies the entire post before. Is that what is supposed to happen? wonder what happens if you click "quote" ? hehe

I'll keep playing around and trying stuff. But so far, it's very cool for the most part! ^_^

Guest StuCotts

Make way for the computer naïve.

If I click on Reply, I get the equivalent of the former Reply With Quote. Yes?

If I click on Add Reply I get a blank slate, and no clear idea where my post will be. I assume it will be the equivalent of the former Reply To #0, and come after all the other posts to date. Correct?

I tried clicking on Quote and it went from + Quote on a blue background to - Quote on a red background. No other changes that I could see. I don't understand the function of Quote or how to use it or what to expect when I do.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Make way for the computer naïve.

If I click on Reply, I get the equivalent of the former Reply With Quote. Yes?

If I click on Add Reply I get a blank slate, and no clear idea where my post will be. I assume it will be the equivalent of the former Reply To #0, and come after all the other posts to date. Correct?

I tried clicking on Quote and it went from + Quote on a blue background to - Quote on a red background. No other changes that I could see. I don't understand the function of Quote or how to use it or what to expect when I do.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

I think I answered your quote questions on other threads. If you hit the Reply button that has a "" in it, it will quote the entire text of the message you are responding to. If you just click Add Reply it is a blank message that will go at the end of the thread with no quote. As far as the + - for the quotes, I have NFI that is No Fucking Idea. That is new in this version of IPB and I have not read up on it. I'll try to play with it and find out for you. I like playing with new toys. Have you read my review from San Francisco on the cute twink boy? He is new and I really enjoyed playing with him. ^_^ But, I'll also play with the quotes on this board to learn more knowledge. Not sure if I'll have as much fun as I did in SF but, I'll try. ^_^

Guest StuCotts

As far as the + - for the quotes, I have NFI that is No Fucking Idea.

Laugh-out-loud funny. The best reply is an honest reply. I'm sure that as you acquire more expertise with the new stuff you'll spread the wealth.

Have you read my review from San Francisco on the cute twink boy? He is new and I really enjoyed playing with him. ^_^ But, I'll also play with the quotes on this board to learn more knowledge. Not sure if I'll have as much fun as I did in SF but, I'll try. ^_^

If your implication is that answering questions from me is less fun than fucking a cute number, you really know how to hurt a guy. :(

And now, one more question: I note that at the bottom of any given Forum page that I am reading, my screen name name appears as a member who is reading that page, even if I am not logged in and should therefore be anonymous. At one point, there was another member's name showing alongside mine because he must have been reading that same page at the same time. Is this information available to anyone reading the page, or only to members? Why is it there at all?

If you don't have an immediate answer, no big deal. I bet that the idea of going back to where you left your heart(?!) in SF is feeling better by the minute.

Guest CTDick

How do I mark the topics? I notice that when I open them, the orange square goes away. What about the ones I don't want to read?

Dick

How do I mark the topics? I notice that when I open them, the orange square goes away. What about the ones I don't want to read?

Dick

I think the orange square has to do with being new to you. I am not sure what you mean by the ones you don't want to read.

Guest CTDick
I think the orange square has to do with being new to you. I am not sure what you mean by the ones you don't want to read.

How do I mark the old postings without having to open each one. On the old software there was the 'mark' tab.

Dick

Guest BostonGuy
How do I mark the old postings without having to open each one. On the old software there was the 'mark' tab.

Dick

Dick,

You can mark all forums and all threads as having been read by using the link at the bottom of the main forums page.

There doesn't appear to be a way to just mark one forum as read.

I also cannot find a way to just show all new posts in one window. It seems that you have to go from forum to forum (yawn...).

BG

Dick,

You can mark all forums and all threads as having been read by using the link at the bottom of the main forums page.

There doesn't appear to be a way to just mark one forum as read.

I also cannot find a way to just show all new posts in one window. It seems that you have to go from forum to forum (yawn...).

BG

Try the forum options (blue box upper right of forum window) and see if that does what you are looking to do. It appears there is a way to mark the whole forum as read.

Guest CTDick
Try the forum options (blue box upper right of forum window) and see if that does what you are looking to do. It appears there is a way to mark the whole forum as read.

BG, there it is. Thanks.

Dick