Guest GaySacGuy

Farangs w/o Passport Taken to Jail

Guest gwm4sian

Ok, here is what I can confirm:

Both the Panorama Pub and the My Life for Happiness bars were raided and the customers were required to show their passports.

Not true - My Life was not raided, the police did not enter the premises. No-one in My Life, either Thai or Farang was asked to show ID.

Don't know where you got your confirmation from, but i suggest you check more carefully in future.

Don't know where you got your confirmation from, but i suggest you check more carefully in future.

My information came from someone I know quite well, who was there, was an eyewitness to the whole thing, who had his own passport checked, and would have no reason to give me erroneous information. The same was told to me by two other people.

Not that I don't believe you, but if you can suggest a better way I should have checked, I'm all ears . . .

Guest wowpow

Ah well. it just goes to show that one cannot be totally sure of any report and even seen with one's own eyes you have to be careful.

Amonst the other points at variance between eyewitness reports is one where paini and my two eye witnesses report that when the Police left the bar was full. Gaybutton has 3 reports that there were only two persons left in the bar. I know which I believe.

It would seem to be very unwise to cast doubts on the veracity of other's reports and then speak "ex cathedra" with inaccurate information no matter how credible you believe the sources.

Guest gwm4sian

My information came from someone I know quite well, who was there, was an eyewitness to the whole thing, who had his own passport checked, and would have no reason to give me erroneous information. The same was told to me by two other people.

Not that I don't believe you, but if you can suggest a better way I should have checked, I'm all ears . . .

Well, my information comes from two sources.

1) Watching the raid - first on Panorama, then on My Life, and then on to BBB. The police did not enter My Life, only called for the license to be brought out to them.

2) Checking with the farang owner (am i allowed to use his name?) of My Life (who was in the bar at the time) if the police entered his bar. The answer - No.

Point 1 i posted some time ago, before you made your post. Point 2 i double checked before contradicting you.

Whoever gave you the information does not appear to have been in My Life.

Guest painai

I was in Wild West Boys last night (Saturday) and the bar was quite full of customers at 9:45. Why it had so few customers at 9:15 on the night of the police check, I have no idea. But what I went that night was real for sure, whether or not Wowpow's friends claim otherwise. I think it's actually a good idea to carry one's passport and not a copy when going in the bars, at least for the time being.

Guest damien500

They also closed Panorama bar, MyLife ans Serene, saying they did not have the new license.

Funny that the poliveman taing care of this bars did not know what they wre talking about. He did not know a new license. But he told the barowners, that the hole action was to please the new national policecheif, who was in town because of the russian murder.

No girliebars were raided!!! Only the gaybars.

If we had a united gaycommunitee here in Pattaya, we could do something about it. But read the 3 boards, bath-stop, sawatdee and gaythailand, and what do we do - talk bad about eachother, criticise everything, esspecially charity, so it will be hopeless to believe we can do anything about the policebehavior. :angry:

i watched the police search these bars,i was drinking and feeling up a cutie when they arrived.i stayed there untill normal closing,none of them were forced closed.i was at My Life gentley holding that big cock.

Whichever version of the My Life story is correct, that's kind of secondary to what took place that night isn't it? Wowpow had it right when he said to carry your passport, or at least an acceptable copy, for the time being so that you won't end up having problems in case of another raid. That's what I'm doing and I rarely go to the bars in the first place. I can't guarantee it, of course, but I think if the end of the month comes without further raids, then it ought to be safe to leave your passport in your hotel room again.

Guest luvthai

If in fact the purpose of the raids are to locate mafia members or people staying illegaly in the kingdom then I guess one way is to stop every tourist and check ID"S. I'm not sure there is an easy answer on how to go about this in a way that wouldn't inconvience some. Mafia types are a major problem in thailand but I feel there are more thais involved in these activites than foreigners. How will they find these types? What are other options? Good solid undercover police work is usually what it takes to break a mafias hold on an area. Maybe tracking large sums of money going in or out of thailand and offering amnesty to some that help supply info would help. What measures would you take?