Guest CurlyEye

Caution about another Thai gay site

Guest CurlyEye

Today I tried to go on to the site www.gaytingtong.com two different times and both times my anti virus which happens to be AVG, detected a trojan horse attempting install into my computer.

I have gone on to that site before and did not have this problem. AVG makes it easy to move anything like that into the vault, so no problems other than just curious as to why there would be a trojan horse associated with that site now.

Today I tried to go on to the site www.gaytingtong.com two different times and both times my anti virus which happens to be AVG, detected a trojan horse attempting install into my computer.

I have gone on to that site before and did not have this problem. AVG makes it easy to move anything like that into the vault, so no problems other than just curious as to why there would be a trojan horse associated with that site now.

I Just checked his website code , and he has 3 bugs on it ,just some dirty stuff that gets in your computer and start strouble He is not aware of it most likely. Make sure you just have your antivirus updated. Or just get a Mac Computer :)

Guest jamesmk2003

He,he... I do have PC and no antivirus or any protection. I have Linux Kubuntu operating system. All viruses can kiss my USB :)

I Just checked his website code , and he has 3 bugs on it ,just some dirty stuff that gets in your computer and start strouble He is not aware of it most likely. Make sure you just have your antivirus updated. Or just get a Mac Computer :)

He,he... I do have PC and no antivirus or any protection. I have Linux Kubuntu operating system. All viruses can kiss my USB :)

Hello Mister Linux Kubuntu.

It seems to me they aren't only kissing your "USB" as you call it, but kicking the hell out of it.

If you like it, that's what matters... then I am happy for you.

Guest Oogleman

curly , i would be grateful if you try again and tell me what message you are getting. I am of course online on the site several times a day ( i also use avg and spybot S&D) and have contacted 10 other members about this - none report having any problem. Can you tell me when it happened ? i.e - after you logged in etc?

Did you open any threads? A lot of spam posts that we delete as quickly as possible and one of these may have had a nasty link in it?

Any info at all might help me find what is happening here.

Guest Oogleman

ok sorted.........apologies to all who had this.

Somebody had hacked the warning page on 22 feb while i am here in Pattaya - i have removed the bad code and will speak to my host asap and also change ftp passwords etc. Reason i and my friends didnt get it was we go direct to the forum via index.php & not the warning page index.html

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - i owe you a drink!

Guest CurlyEye

curly , i would be grateful if you try again and tell me what message you are getting. I am of course online on the site several times a day ( i also use avg and spybot S&D) and have contacted 10 other members about this - none report having any problem. Can you tell me when it happened ? i.e - after you logged in etc?

Did you open any threads? A lot of spam posts that we delete as quickly as possible and one of these may have had a nasty link in it?

Any info at all might help me find what is happening here.

I just tried again. I was going from a link on a google search both times to the front page. This time everything is ok. AVG did not respond and the page loaded quickly, whereas when AVG detected the trojan horse, the page seemed to get stuck right before being completely loaded. I wanted to alert someone and I don't care for that sawatdee forum, b/c there are a couple of real assholes on there. I hoped by posting it here that the word would get to whomever owned gaytingtong.com, which seems like a really good site and one I had been to before with no problems.

ok sorted.........apologies to all who had this.

Somebody had hacked the warning page on 22 feb while i am here in Pattaya - i have removed the bad code and will speak to my host asap and also change ftp passwords etc. Reason i and my friends didnt get it was we go direct to the forum via index.php & not the warning page index.html

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - i owe you a drink!

Ok, thanks. It would be my pleasure to meet you. I am in the USA now, but going to LOS in May for 3 weeks. Deciding on whether to spend most of my time around Paradise Complex in Patong, or Sunee Plaza.

Which city are you located in?

Somebody had hacked the warning page on 22 feb while i am here in Pattaya

Welcome to the wonderful world of running a message board, Oogleman. There are some real psychos out there who will stoop to anything if they don't like the board, the moderator, certain posters, or Lord-knows-what. That's just one of the nut cases you'll end up dealing with. Rest assured there will be many more where that came from. If you're going to run a message board, the nuts are going to find it sooner or later.

When I had my own web site, one idiot actually tried to blackmail me into doing his bidding because he didn't like the fact that I provided Hedda with a forum. The guy actually committed a felony to try to get his way. Of course, he did not get his way and I wasn't about to submit to a blackmailer, but that's just one example of how far some lunatics are willing to go. He didn't like Hedda, so he committed a felony.

Some board owners, moderators, and even various posters have even been threatened with physical violence.

I suppose some people fail to remember that these are just message boards, here for information and enjoyment more than anything else. In the scheme of things, on a list of what is really important, a message board would probably be way down at the bottom. But there are some people out there who literally make these boards the entire focus of their lives, as if they are vitally important in the first place. Guess what . . . they're not.

I don't know whether hacking into a message board and planting viruses would be a misdemeanor or a felony, but I'll bet it is a crime. If it is, and if you can find out who it was, I hope you go after him with both barrels. That's exactly what someone who would do such a thing deserves. Unfortunately, these message boards often bring out the best in people, but they also bring out the worst in people and they bring out the lunatic fringe.

Now, a message for the moron brigade: If you don't like a message board, the people who post on it, or the content of particular messages, you don't have to read it. You can actually spend your time doing something other than reading message boards that you hate. Isn't that an amazing revelation?