Guest aot87

airport tax

Before the new airport opened it was decided to increase the departure tax to 700bht. Has this happened yet , and also has it now been included in the price of your flt ticket.

Guest YardenUK

I flew out of BKK 2 weeks ago and because my ticket had been bought in January the 700 Baht exit tax had already been paid, although at the time I didn't even notice this.

For those whose tickets out of BKK were bought before the tax was included, the airport has a mini-army of people hanging around the check in desks (with little money-bags tied around their waists), ready to swoop for that 700Baht as soon as the check-in staff alerts them.

On my ticket, in bottom left hand corner, it is the last itemised tax/fee charge and shows as

Guest MonkeySee

I flew Air Asia on February 7. When I bought my ticket online, the airport tax was not included in the price. After waiting in line, I went to check-in and my boarding pass was denied. The agent said I had to go to customer service. More lines but once I paid the 700 baht, everything was fine.

Guest buaseng

I flew out of BKK 2 weeks ago and because my ticket had been bought in January the 700 Baht exit tax had already been paid, although at the time I didn't even notice this.

For those whose tickets out of BKK were bought before the tax was included, the airport has a mini-army of people hanging around the check in desks (with little money-bags tied around their waists), ready to swoop for that 700Baht as soon as the check-in staff alerts them.

On my ticket, in bottom left hand corner, it is the last itemised tax/fee charge and shows as