Guest buaseng

Le Cafe Royale website changes & hotel price rises

Guest buaseng

Whilst browsing/updating my bookmarks I found that Le Cafe Royale has got itself a newly designed website which has been modernised (not before time, I might say!).

http://www.caferoyale-pattaya.com/home

From the room photos on the new site they seem to have done some renovation of the interior decor (draw blinds in place of curtains as an example) and the photos do seem to suggest there have been other minor changes. All this has been done without any publicity.

However, also without any notification, the hotel rates have jumped quite sharply as have hotel car hire rates from the airport.

A superior deluxe room has gone from 1100 THB per night to 1400 THB per night (room only and excluding taxes). The car hire one-way rate airport-Pattaya has jumped steeply from 1800 THB to 2300 THB. The older rate in both cases was August 2006 and in both cases the rise is approximately 28% - have inflation/petrol prices risen so much in just 6 months?

I am sure that LCR regulars will be interested in these changes. It would be interesting to hear how they can justify such a steep rise in charges. I just hope that they are not pricing themselves out of the market!

Sad to see. The new website has lost all of the "frindliness" of the old. I have not stayed there in about three years when the place seemed to me, to be going "la di daaa" and quite a bit of the clientele were getting too snobish (my opinion only) for me. It has come a long way since my first time there in the 80's when it was the "infamous" Best Guest House.

Guest buaseng

Location location location.

I am sure the traffic will bear it.

If you don't like it, there is always Howards.

You're right of course, location is the prime attraction and that, together with the excellent and friendly service you get there, is why I would still stay at LCR even at the revised rates. However, I will probably find alternative transport from the airport as I think the new car rate is a rip-off, particularly as there are now less toll charges to pay to the new airport than to Don Muang (and oil prices are falling).

As for Howards - you may well be right, but I have not ventured, except for one visit with a companion last year, anywhere near Sunee Plaza since 1997. The area is still seedy, feels dangerous when walking the area alone at night, has too many drug-pushers and abusers hanging around and there are stiil under-age boys openly plying their trade in the bars and as free-lancers. If you like those sorts of things fine but it is not for me!

Guest travelerjim

Be sure to see Le Cafe Royale Promo "Summer Special" for rooms...

Summer Special Offer

http://www.caferoyale-pattaya.com/special .

Stay at Le Cafe Royale Hotel during the months of July and August 2007 and for every night booked in any room at our standard rate you will receive an additional night absolutely free!

For example, book 4 nights get 4 free, book 7 nights get 7 free, book 10 nights get 10 free, and so on.

To take advantage of this very special opportunity the minimum booking is 3 nights and bookings must be made by 30 April 2007 so hurry - don't miss out on this special offer! When booking, please quote "Summer Special".

BOOK NOW!

TJ