Guest phil200bongo

Accommation Bangkok

Guest phil200bongo

B) Hello Guys

Got 3 days in bangkok and would like hotel with pool that is relaxed about guests, thinking of the Tower inn, chatara Court but like the idea of the Tarntawan Place Hotel ( How far is the pool away from the hotel) any ideas of were to stay would be fab.

Also if you can help i would like to meet a 18 25 year old for a guide for a day or so any ideas were i can make contact with some one either via web or place to meet in Bangkok and how much should i pay?

Many thanks to all who take time to write back.

Phil

Guest GaySacGuy

[ Got 3 days in bangkok and would like hotel with pool that is relaxed about guests, thinking of the Tower inn, chatara Court but like the idea of the Tarntawan Place Hotel ( How far is the pool away from the hotel) any ideas of were to stay would be fab.

Also if you can help i would like to meet a 18 25 year old for a guide for a day or so any ideas were i can make contact with some one either via web or place to meet in Bangkok and how much should i pay?

Tarntawan pool is several blocks...I would estimate about 4-5, but it is an interesting walk. The pool/health club is on the 9th floor, and is pretty nice.

As to the guide...you could go to the bars your first night, find a guy you like, etc., and have him be your guide the next day. From the Tantawan you will have no trouble fining the two major gay bar areas. Have a good visit....I was where you are on Oct of last year. :)

For a guide you could try Purple Dragon (Formerly Utopia Tours). They have an office in Tarntawan and you can also check out their tours on their website.

You are not locked into one of their tours if you hire a guide. You can make your own itinerary if you wish, which I have done a few times myself.

I can vouch for Purple Dragon (www.purpledrag.com) but if you are there during a busy time their package holders get priority when it comes to their guides. But I think they have a lot of guides. I spent 3 weeks in Thailand and met several of their guides. All of them were very nice and very professional. I connected better with some than others but that is to be expected. All of them were pleasant though. But it sounds like with your requirements that maybe you are looking for more than just a guide. You will not get that at Purple Dragon.

You can search the other threads here for hotel recommendations. I thought Tarntawan was a good place for a first timer. But I found their beds to be somewhat uncomfortable and the breakfast only so-so. The location is great though and the staff are fantastic.

I liked my room at Siam Heritage very much. The bed was very comfy for example. But they don't allow unregistered guests which is a big drawback. Again the location was excellent though.

There's a relatively new place called 222 Silom (www.tripletwosilom.com) that sounds very interesting but it is a bit farther away from the bar area. It's a short cab ride though if you don't want to walk. The Skytrain station (Chongnansi) seems to be fairly close by. It is a boutique hotel with commensurate rates but it looks pretty nice.

ETA: I just found out that Triple Two Silom has a B1000 joiners fee which seems pretty crazy. If you plan on bringing a boy home every night Tarntawan is probably your best bet. Or if you have money to burn I hear the Sikhothai doesn't have any problem with overnight guests and it looks pretty spectacular.

Guest asdsrfr

I've stayed at the Chatra court a number of times. I like the fact that there is a pool on the roof to take a dip and cool off after being out and about in Bangkok all day. The price is reasonable, and clientel is about 50% gay. No problem with overnight visitors who leave their ID with the guard. Skytrain is only about a 10 minute walk.

Guest thrillbill8

There is also the Plaza Hotel down on 178 Surawongse... it has a small pool.It is an older hotel geared for traveling tourists on a budget The rooms are clean and spacious, just outdated. The place also includes breakfast (not too good though--can't ruin coffee, toast, and the fruit). It runs around 1300Bt. It is a 8 minute walk to the gay area. I think the price is the same for a single or double,so it is best to say there are "two" people staying so you don't get charged with an "off fee" for guests.