Guest Geezer

This question long. You may want to ignore it.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions regarding affordable phone service to the US. I am in the process of implementing them. Now for a problem with the internet in Pattaya which you may not be able to solve.

For the past week or so when attempting to access a website, 30% - 80% of the time I get a notice:

Thanks Jinks. When I use Mozilla I get:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.bankofamerica.com.

I use Firefox most of the time. Whatever the problem is, it's not Firefox. I just tried the bankofamerica site and got through immediately.

If it helps anything, I use TT&T's "Maxnet" as my Internet Service Provider, which can be arranged in their shop on the second floor of Carrefour. It costs 1000 baht per month for their 1024/512 speed service. I never seem to get as much speed as that, but I do average over 800 most of the time.

Guest gwm4sian

interestingly, i see that the boa site has stuff on from a firm called coremetrics.com that is on my blocked list because it collects and distibutes information that can be used to identify you and send you spam, etc.

I'd guess that the internet speed/connection reaching your computer is damn near zilch. You can test the quality and speed of your internet connection on many websites. Do that and, if it shows you're getting damn near nothing, contact your provider and tell them what you're geting speed-wise (and, if they won't fix it, then offer them 5 baht for next month's service!).

Guest Trongpai

I have been using a USB wireless modem by HUTCH. Works almost everywhere in Thailand at 230.4kbs. Hutch in Pattaya is on South Pattaya road next to Tukcom (sp?)

As for Bank Of America, I dropped them years ago when they started adding fees to every little thing. Lots of internet banks now with no fees.