Guest phil200bongo

Taxi Bangkok airport to Pattaya

Guest phil200bongo

:( Hello there

Is there any one out there, who can recommend a taxi firm from Bangkok to pattaya return?

That is a fair price?

Thank you all

Phil

Guest MonkeySee

I used Mr. Toom when back in November. The cost was 1,200 baht from the airport to Pattaya. His number in Thailand is 081-482-7148 or 083-017-8066.

I used Mr. Toom when back in November. The cost was 1,200 baht from the airport to Pattaya. His number in Thailand is 081-482-7148 or 083-017-8066.

In this world you get what you pay for...

fair price - do you mean cheap.

or best value for money.

I use Image Limos - excellent service clean cars trained drivers not cheap :)

Guest splash4

I can tell you what not to do !

I was staying at the Ambience. Airplane departure at noon. The prior day I went around the corner to a legitimate looking street Taxi station and requested a taxi for the following morning.

The 800 baht sign means nothing. It is 1,000 baht. I asked again and again about reliability, as I wanted a 0730 departure. Assured it was no problem, I left a 400 baht deposit. Oh yes, they showed me a very nice green and yellow taxi that was suppose to be my magic charriot.

0730 next morning I am with bags and my dreamboy dancer from Wild West Boys setting outside the hotel. No taxi.

OK, try and get the hotel man to call number on my receipt. No cooperation and no answer. My old American impatience is causing blood pressure to rise as I must make this flight. Cute boy tries to keep me calm as he apparently appreciates my problem. God, I love that boy.

I walk to corner and no one at the stand. Another stand is there and I try to engage another taxi, explaining my problem. He calls and gets ahold of owner of the stand I had origianlly booked with, although I was ready to forget that and just get a reliable ride.

Within 15 minutes an old red taxi arrives with an ancient driver and the evil young lady that had taken my 400 baht was with him, smiling and saying no problem. She tells me to pay him 600 baht and she disappears. Is there any question why I am gay. Hate those pushy -----'s. The old man and I make it to the airport with lots of excess trauma along the way. He does not want to take the toll road etc and further, he has to backtrack to find a propane dispensing gas station. Trying to get on the expressway that I demand, we come across a body in the road. A young man on a motorcycle had been previously hit and left unattended. I tried to exit taxi to help and the sole cop on site kept us moving. I worried about that kid all the way to Seattle.

Despite no seat belt, excess wear and tear on my arteries, and a less than loving departure from my Wild West dreamboy named Sang; I tipped the poor old driver 500 baht as I did not see any further use for the last of my baht. When my EVA 747 departed I think the old man was still bowing and thanking me.

Little did I know, I needed another 500 baht for a departure taxl, but that is another story.

Next Time.......pay whatever it takes for reliability. And if your taking in the Wild West Boys show there is a certain great dancer in all shows named Sang. Please give him a kiss for me and tell him a certain Alaska friend loves him (despite the anxiety of a poor taxi decision). I mean that.

Guest Kregger

I have taken those 800 baht taxis from Pattaya many times. Almost always no problem. A few times, a little late. But I would be a little afraid to book one too late at night or too early in the morning as it is hard to get a backup. I think people who pay 2600 B for a ride from the airport to Pattaya have more money than sense.

I agree with Kregger on this one. Despite the horror story that happened to you, splash4, it is quite rare to be ripped off like that and put through that kind of harrowing treatment. Next time, I would refuse to give a deposit or give no more than 100 baht. If they refuse, find another taxi service. Your hotel can usually recommend someone reliable.

Another suggestion: Many people spend their final night in Bangkok. That way they are sure of being able to get transportation to the airport. Also, it avoids the problems that can occur if there is a traffic jam between Pattaya and the airport. Traffic jams are a common occurrence on these roads and can happen even in the dead of night.

I have taken those 800 baht taxis from Pattaya many times. Almost always no problem. A few times, a little late. But I would be a little afraid to book one too late at night or too early in the morning as it is hard to get a backup. I think people who pay 2600 B for a ride from the airport to Pattaya have more money than sense.

Oi sense and money, i love that Limo start. A matter how you like to start your holidy !

Guest jsvan44

:( Hello there

Is there any one out there, who can recommend a taxi firm from Bangkok to pattaya return?

That is a fair price?

Thank you all

Phil

I used Image in December from my BKK hotel to Pattaya Hotel and then from my Pattaya Hotel to the Airport.

They were very good......they arrived for pick up early, nice car and well dressed drivers. Not cheap but you get what you pay for everytime.