Guest comment

A Little Browser Help

Guest comment

I have been having major issues recently with firefox. Not certain what is causing these issues but they have become so troublesome I've returned to IE7.

I would like to import my hundreds of well organized bookmarks to IE7 however I'm not having any luck finding where these bookmarks are stored on my computer.

I'm hoping that someone can post the path to where firefox stores the bookmarks.

• Members

Here’s some info from a Firefox Bookmarks Tutorial (link below). I haven’t actually tried this, mind you, but it seems like what you’re looking for.

And, if none of this works, it looks like Firefox will let you export your bookmarks to a file; that way you can call the file whatever you want, and place it on the desktop where you can easily find it. From there, IE should be able to import it.

Good luck!

"Did you know ?

You can view your Firefox bookmark file in any browser. Simply open or drag & drop the bookmark file (bookmarks.htm) to the browser window. If you e.g. save the bookmarks file to a memory stick, you always have your favorite bookmarks with you, regardless which browser or PC you use. The bookmarks are saved in a file called bookmarks.html. You can find the bookmark file in your Firefox profile directory."

"How do I find my Mozilla / Firefox / Thunderbird / Netscape 7 profile?

You can find the profile locations (all operating systems and Mozilla products here: Mozillazine Knowledge Base: Profile folder location. If you cannot find your profile folder, you will need to enable Show hidden/system files under Windows."

http://mozilla.gunnars.net/firefox_bookmar...rting_bookmarks