Guest BewareofNick

Al "Qeada" Gonzalez approved the firing of the US attorneys

Guest Riptide

>If he's your hero, you've welcome to have him. My only regret

>is that I don't live in Pennsylvania so I can't vote against

>him.

He's not my "hero". Actually I have no political heros. Is there really anyone out there on either side that even comes close to that classification (absent war time involvement?)

I just think Specter represents, esp today, how both sides can work together and get things done in a bipartisant manner.

I remember the Anita Hill hearings vaguely. Yes, he did rip her apart, but then again, she was the one making the damaging claims against Thomas. Should she have gotten the white glove treatment just because she was a woman? If I recall correctly, she wasn't exactly playing softball either.

A side: Would somebody please tell Hillary that she really needs to STOP nodding her head up and down at every public event she attends when someone else is speaking!

>Second, as long as he stays where he is, he serves to deflect

>the heat from Karl Rove who, of course, is always the ultimate

>culprit, so he's useful to Bush in that regard.

Yep. In the excitement I lost sight of that fundamental tenet.

And of course you and Stu are right that the longer they leave Gonzales dangling and twisting, the better all around.

Guest BewareofNick

The main reason Bush even has 27% support is because of the Right Wing media propoganda machine that is talk radio and Fox "News". Rupert Murdoch himself stated that Fox "News" has done everything they can to spin the Iraqnam war Bush's way.

Guest eastburbguy

Lest anyone still thinks that "PurgeGate" is much ado about nothing, please read this and ask yourself, how would you like to be Georgia Thompson?

The operative paragraph:

The tragedy in this farce is that Biskupic's victim, Georgia Thompson, was subjected to a humiliating trial, spent 4 months in jail, had to pay for her defense, probably wrecking her financially, and lost her $77,000 per year state job, all to advance the political chances of some Republican politician.

< The Carpetbagger Report blogs on the tragic lengths to which Wisconsin U.S. Attorney Steven Biskupic went to be a "Loyal Bushie" in last years election. Apparently as part of a thankfully failed Republican effort to unseat Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle, Biskupic brought a politically motivated but bogus case against a member of Doyle's administration and somehow won a 16 month conviction.

Since the official was convicted,how do we know the charge was bogus?

Well, when it reached the Court of Appeals the case was summarily thrown out on the day of the oral argument and Biskipic's target was ordered immediately released.Steven Walters and John Diedrich of the Milwaukee Sentinal Journal report

The three-judge panel in Chicago acted with unusual speed, ruling after oral arguments by Thompson’s attorney and the U.S. attorney’s office.

During 26 minutes of oral arguments, all three judges assailed the government’s case, with Judge Diane Wood saying at one point that “the evidence is beyond thin.” During a news conference later Thursday, Doyle, a former state attorney general, said the three judges did an “extraordinary thing” by entering an order finding Thompson innocent and ordering her immediate release.

Are there no depths the "Loyal Bushies" won't plumb to advance Karl Rove's political agenda?

The tragedy in this farce is that Biskupic's victim, Georgia Thompson, was subjected to a humiliating trial, spent 4 months in jail, had to pay for her defense, probably wrecking her financially, and lost her $77,000 per year state job, all to advance the political chances of some Republican politician.

“[T]he public must perceive that every substantive decision within the department is made in a neutral and non-partisan fashion. Once the public detects partisanship in one important decision, they will follow the natural inclination to question every decision made, whether there is a connection or not.” Bud Cummins.

UPDATE: At least one Milwaukee defense lawyer thinks Biskupic should be fired. His blog has a link to the audio of the oral argument. Skip to the last 15 minutes. It's a hoot. Rarely does a court ever trash a lawyer, especially a DoJ lawyer, so badly. >

Guest BewareofNick

What your witnessing on a much larger scale is the slow but sure self destruction of this Administration.

AOL did some polling yesterday and George Bush rated the WORST amongst the worst of presidents.

Iraqnam "Mission Accomplished"

WMDs "We know where the WMDs are"

Katrina "You're doing a heck of a job, Brownie"

Walter Reed "Support the props, er troops"

Attorneygate.....

Truly, the level of incompetence of BushCheneyCo is staggering beyond belief.

>Truly, the level of incompetence of BushCheneyCo is staggering

>beyond belief.

Loved the remark by someone, can't remember who, that Bush I administration disliked war but was pretty good at it, whereas Bush II neocons love war but are terrible at it.

http://www.truthdig.com/images/avboothuplo...pse_son_500.gif