Guest comment

(Help) I Cannot Open Any Message in Forum

Guest comment

Since the site return I am able to post but not open any message in the forum. When I try I receive a blank page, no error message. I can see the message preview.

Guest BostonGuy

I am experiencing similar difficulties.

Here is a way around it:

1. Click on the forum you want to see (i.e., The Pub).

2. When the posts show up, click on the "View All" links. This will show the contents of the topics.

Clicking on an individual message will not work: you only see the white page. But following the above process will work and will also let you respond to whatever post you want to respond to.

BG

ps: Not sure how you'll actually get to see this reponse though... lol...

Guest Riptide

>2. When the posts show up, click on the "View All"

>links. This will show the contents of the topics.

Not that I'm having this problem, but can you share anyway where the "view all" link is for those that might? I can't seem to find it.

Guest BostonGuy

When you click on the name of a forum, each topic is listed. "View All" is listed as a link after the name of each topic.

And, for the curious, the error that causes me to see only a white screen when clicking directly on a post occurs:

* in Firefox

* in IE (v7)

* after taking all normal steps (including clearing cache in both browsers)

BG

Guest Riptide

>When you click on the name of a forum, each topic is listed.

>"View All" is listed as a link after the name of

>each topic.

Well, call me Stevie Wonder, but I still cannot find a "view all" link. I see a "show all forums" link but that's it. x(

Is there an eye doctor in the house? :+

Guest Barry

This appears at the top of this thread. "(View all)" is to the immediate right of the Subject, only with square brackets. ^_^

(Help) I Cannot Open Any Message in Forum (View all)

Since the site return I am able to post but not open any message in the forum. When I try I receive a blank page, no error message. I can see the mess

Guest Riptide

>This appears at the top of this thread. "(View

>all)" is to the immediate right of the Subject, only with

>square brackets. ^_^

>

>

>(Help) I Cannot Open Any Message in Forum (View all)

Thanks for the road map Barry. I can now state without question that I do not have the "view all" link. Maybe that's a piece to the puzzle effecting other things or perhaps just a result of other things still being worked on and out.

• Members

>Thanks for the road map Barry. I can now state without

>question that I do not have the "view all" link.

>Maybe that's a piece to the puzzle effecting other things or

>perhaps just a result of other things still being worked on

>and out.

>

It only shows if you have selected the 'Expand Topics' mode. See line under the line Top -> Pub, the second entry 'Expand/Collapse' topics toggle. Choose 'expand' and then you will see in the thread topic [view all]

Guest BostonGuy

TY:

Your response suggested something to me, so I checked it out and discovered a key to at least one of the existing problems.

I've been getting the "white screen" whenever I click directly on a topic; the only way I could get to read a thread was by going to the forum first and then clicking on "view all". Yet, Riptide, who didn't have the "View All" links could clearly see and respond to posts -- so he must have been navigating in a different way.

So I clicked on "collapse topics" to go to linear mode. Suddenly -- wonder of wonders!! -- I could click on any thread or any post and see everything as expected.

This isn't the mode that I prefer to use but, for now, it's just fine. And it points out that the problem is with the "expanded topic" mode.

Regards,

BG

Guest Riptide

>It only shows if you have selected the 'Expand Topics' mode.

>See line under the line Top -> Pub, the second entry

>'Expand/Collapse' topics toggle. Choose 'expand' and then you

>will see in the thread topic [view all]

I'm more than happy to keep this back and forth going if someone feels it might eventually highlight a bug or kink in the hard/software. LIke I org said, I'm having zero problems with functionability with the site.

When I "expand/collape" topics, nothing happens at all. Nadda. And I still cannot see the "view all" link when doing so. I don't know if this is helpful information, but it's relevant to my experience at this time. Hopefully, maybe it will also be in identifying a solution for all.

Guest Riptide

Disregard previous post. My expand/collapse link is now working AND.....I can now see the "view all" link. I tried that collapse/expand link for about two hours before posting above and nothing happened.

Guest Riptide

For whatever THIS now might be worth........lol

If I expand, then click view all and then click on a subject matter, I get a white screen. This seems to be just the opposite of what BG gets when he follows this path. Conversly, if he follows the route I am, which is of course simply clicking Pub>topic, then he gets the white screen. It's an interesting situation, albeit one I'm sure you wish you didn't have.

Maybe Oz pissed off a baggage handler at NWA by exceeding the 100 pound suitcase? :+

Guest Riptide

OK, here's another issue. @#%@!@#@ :7

I cannot "update a post" without getting a white screen after making my edits and then clicking "update post" The only thing to do is back out of it or click "top" which works fine. HOWEVER, when I then scroll back down to the post I was attempting to update, the update actually took place.

BG...you may be on to something. I did a little experimenting on my own. Cleared out the MER cookies, then was getting the blank white screen. Then did the 'collapse all' and then everything is working again (even if going out of collapse mode). There may be a problem with how the cookies are getting set.

• Members

>So I clicked on "collapse topics" to go to linear

>mode. Suddenly -- wonder of wonders!! -- I could click on any

>thread or any post and see everything as expected.

>

BG,

I only use the 'collapsed' mode so I didn't know about this issue until notices came in.

I dont see why you have to go to linear mode. Threaded/collapsed works fine for me.

>And it points out that the problem is with the

>"expanded topic" mode.

>

Agreed.

TY

Guest BostonGuy

As of now (Monday morning): if I click on "expand topics", I get a completely white screen when I click on any topic. The only way to view a thread is to click on "view all." If I choose the other topics settings, I can click on posts just fine.

BG

Guest Riptide

>I havent noticed this problem yet. Please make sure that you

>are in 'collapsed' mode when tryint the update. I mention only

>because of all the setting you toggled to observe what others

>reported. Thanks.

test edit. test edit. test.

TY, I get the same result...white screen editing in both collapsed and expanded formats. I back click and get the edit page again then click top to get out of it. The edit took, but the correct process of updating failed.

Guest Riptide

I'll just keep'em coming until you say stop TY.

Here's an interesting thing......

On the main forum page under Business class travel:

Posted: Mon-Mar-05-07 10:39 am

The main forum page shows that the post was made by Scott Adler, but when you pull up the post in the thread it was actually made by RussianRob.

• Members

>TY, I get the same result...white screen editing in both

>collapsed and expanded formats. I back click and get the edit

>page again then click top to get out of it. The edit took, but

>the correct process of updating failed.

>

I am at a loss to understand this behavior. I have absolutely no problem in collapsed mode. All I can say is hold on until we get the programmers into the forum issues. We have a list of items under investigation with review and profile issues at the top.

Thanks for your patience.