TotallyOz

Apple to advertise iPhone during Oscars

When I saw the IPhone at the Mac Conference I was really excited to see what they were doing. Yes, I'll be one of the first ones in line to get one and test it. I know the price is high but the device looks amazing and I can't wait to try it out. I have not had an wireless plan in years and always use the SIM Pay as you plans. But, I may have to sign up with Cingular just to try this one.

Apple to advertise iPhone during Oscars

By Jim Dalrymple

Apple will use the Academy Awards show on Sunday to feature a new teaser advertisement focused on the iPhone, Macworld has learned. The new ad was described as being made for the Oscars, although no further details on the content of ad were available.

The 79th Academy Awards telecast airs on ABC this Sunday at 8 p.m. Eastern. Last year, 38.9 million people watched the Oscars ceremony on ABC.

Apple’s “1984” advertisement — shown nationally during the 1984 Super Bowl — introduced the Macintosh and remains one of the best-rated advertisements in history, in polls taken many times since then. The company has more recently focused its advertising on comparisons between Macs and PCs, using actors Justin Long (as the Mac) and John Hodgman (as the PC).

Apple introduced the iPhone at Macworld Expo in January. While not yet released, the $499 smartphone has caused waves in the wireless market as analysts expect the demand for the touchscreen device to be very high.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/02/23/ip....php?lsrc=mwrss

• Members

Say it ain't so Oz. You, a first-generation iPhone guy?

I don't see this device lasting much longer than the hype itself. Anyone can tell you that a touchscreen interface for dialing is a terrible idea, especially considering that most people in America don't have perfectly slim little fingers to do such with.

I see the iPhone design working better on a v.2 or 3. Apple will learn what works for the consumer and modify accordingly. With first-generation technology, Steve Jobs has shown in the past that he's incredibly susceptible to flights of fancy.

Here's hoping his new teletoy doesn't turn out to be another Sony BetaMax.

BN

Guest Stephan

Less Bugs ? It is a fact that apple products as less bugs than Windows.

Now this phone is not out yet, so we can't say it has bugs or doesn't work correctly.

We just have to wait and see.....

Stef

http://www.steflacoste.com

+33 870 449 763 ~ France

+1 310 933 6213 ~ Usa