TownsendPLocke

HOW TO FEEL ANCIENT!

• Members

Like some of us need any help with this!

On another board Scott Adler asked in response to one of Lucky posts

"

>unfortunately I had to miss his Esther

>Williams act.

::shielding myself in advance from the gay card police::

Whats an Esther Williams act?

I was roomie with a nice young guy this weekend-strictly platonic thank you very much!-and it made me feel so much older than my 47 years.I have always been more interested in things"before my time"and i did grow up in"interesting times"but a lot of the gay cultural references I dropped just got a blank stare or a run to the computer to see what in the hell the old queen is talking about.

This is my first experience spending more than a few hours with a guy under 30 in a long time,sigh....I was in bed by 11 both nights to awaken when he was getting in!

I used to get a"youth by osmosis"thrill when spending time with younger guys,now it just makes me feel like Mathuzalah!

• Members

Hey Towny:

I have some advice from someone who spends ALL his free time with guys under 30! ^_^

1) Even if you are staying with a cute young guy in a platonic setting... you have to at least try to hit on him. Even if he says no... it makes you feel young! ^_^

2) If he's going out, invite yourself along... even if you get disgusted and go home earlier than him.

3) Always remember... that even though we can't help growing older, we don't have to grow old (young at heart).

4) And whatever you do, don't tell him you are quoting that from George Burns, and give him a chance to ask you if that's someone from the Simpsons!

Guest StuCotts

Next time you're rubbing noses with a young thing, steer the conversation around to the age of his parents, or grandparents if you're feeling reckless. The experience is guaranteed sobering.

And remember that it's supremely uncool to clutch your bosom in horror at hearing Brad Pitt (b. 1963) referred to as middle-aged.

Guest ScottAdler

>I was roomie with a nice young guy this weekend-strictly

>platonic thank you very much!-and it made me feel so much

>older than my 47 years.I have always been more interested in

>things"before my time"and i did grow up

>in"interesting times"but a lot of the gay cultural

>references I dropped just got a blank stare or a run to the

>computer to see what in the hell the old queen is talking

>about.

Oh hush I actually have a degree in gay and all the Stonewall stuff I think I held my own on ^_^ The only time I ran to a computer was when you needed directions around the corner :P

>I used to get a"youth by osmosis"thrill when

>spending time with younger guys

I tried to contribute to the theory of osmosis by being particularly loud in a jacuzzi one of the nights ;)

1) Even if you are staying with a cute young guy in a platonic setting... you have to at least try to hit on him. Even if he says no... it makes you feel young!

Fret not Marc -- Townie made efforts to feel young on the trip and I of course continued to be flattered ;)

2) If he's going out, invite yourself along... even if you get disgusted and go home earlier than him.

He invited me with him and I only declined the second night ;)

4) And whatever you do, don't tell him you are quoting that from George Burns, and give him a chance to ask you if that's someone from the Simpsons!

I was the one smoking Cohiba's by the pool this trip ;)

Excellent ... ::tapping all ten fingers together::

• Members

I helped him! I am the one who actually spoke to the boy, asked him his name and what he was up to, and introduced him to Towny. The rest of these guys got sudden onset of laryngitis!

Scott, were you there this weekend? Sorry if I missed you, I would have said hello!!!!^_^

Guest ScottAdler

>Ok Scott.... I am disappointed in you. If that was you that

>was Towny's roomate, I can't believe you didn't help him hit

>on that cute marine (see other thread)

I'm not for sure which one we're talking about but I got further with most of them than all parties concerned.

I took a bunch of hits for the team including two excessive trips to the bathroom to check out some of the hot meat swinging between their legs. Mmmmm ... hungry again.

As to you Lucky ... hmmmm .... I still have that riding crop in the trunk as I recall you getting excited about.